Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Wife just leased one of these today. I have a question about the theater package. As I understand it, to use both screens, I can either use 2 USB, have to check where those are tomorrow or USB and HDMI. When using 2 USB, I have to convert the files to SD to get them both to play? I have a major problem with the USB as I believe my kids will snap those off within the first 3 minutes if they sticking out the back console. Anyone have solutions for that? Maybe some usb cables to attach them to? For HDMI, what are people using for that? Do you use devices that let you plug in a USB drive and output HDMI? Trying to find the simplest way to hook this up for the kids.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So apparently you can use 2 USB if there were actually 2 USB, there is one USB and an HDMI. What is the simple solution so both kids can watch different movies? And as of 2018, what format can I use on the USB. I tried MKV and that resulted in unplayable file. Not sure if it was that or if it was the ACC being higher bitrate. Also I tried plugging my phone into the usb figuring it would pickup the movies on there, no go. I don't want to burn DVD's. Don't have anymore and it was such a hassle before in the wifes old car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So just in case anyone has the same question, apparently you can use the 1 USB port for both screens as long as the movies are SD. I tested it yesterday and it works. I don't know why anyone would honestly need higher on those tiny screens. HDMI can also be used with a streaming media box and usb plugged into that I suppose if someone really needed HD on both sides but it was clunky to use.

·
Registered
44 Posts
late to reply, but you can play different movies off 1 use that plug in the middle row. If you're afraid of kids breaking off the usb, get the low profile one. That's what I use.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-128GB-Flash-MUF-128BB-AM/dp/B017DH3O5A/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1520536810&sr=8-10&keywords=low+profile+usb+flash+drive

It sticks out as far as the heated seat button. So can't break off anything there.

Only problem with usb is I can't play the same video on both screen. Maybe there's a way to do that, but didn't bother to dig in too much, not a priority.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
standard definition off USB to play a separate movie on each screen according to the manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts