Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new here and picking up my QX60 tomorrow...

Went with the theater package, have two little guys so it will come in handy.

I was curious if anyone has insight to any of the following questions?

1. Does anyone know if it is possible to connect an iphone 5 (lightening cable) to the theater and stream netflix? If not, what ways have you been able to get netflix?

2. Does the system allow you to stream movies from a USB flash drive? Is there a movie format that works best? Other recommendations?

I have an Ipad (no wireless for netflix) with the old connecter, and bought a cable that directly connects to the RCA jacks, so should be covered for most needs.

Really looking at how to maximize my entertainment options...

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
Hi all, new here and picking up my QX60 tomorrow...

Went with the theater package, have two little guys so it will come in handy.

I was curious if anyone has insight to any of the following questions?

1. Does anyone know if it is possible to connect an iphone 5 (lightening cable) to the theater and stream netflix? If not, what ways have you been able to get netflix?

2. Does the system allow you to stream movies from a USB flash drive? Is there a movie format that works best? Other recommendations?

I have an Ipad (no wireless for netflix) with the old connecter, and bought a cable that directly connects to the RCA jacks, so should be covered for most needs.

Really looking at how to maximize my entertainment options...

Thanks!
These question have been discussed previously and I know there were some solutions by members. I did a quick search on the InfinitiJXForum.com and this might help give you a start if nobody responds here. Also, if this search result doesn't give you what you want, try your own search to see if I missed something.

Go to this link: http://www.infinitijxforum.com/gtsearch.php?q=streaming+video&siteurl=www.infinitijxforum.com/private.php&ref=www.infinitijxforum.com/private.php?do=newpm&ss=3408j922788j15

·
Registered
13 Posts
cincyspartan,

The specifications for file size and limitations are in the manual, that said, I use MacX Video Converter Pro to convert MKV files to AVI files. The QX max resolution is 720x480. I use a constant bitrate of 2500K. And I think there is a 64GB usb media limit. Meaning, if you have a 100GB drive it'll only work formatted for FAT32 with a 64GB partition. I currently use a 16GB compact flash card attached to a memory card reader connected via usb. I'm planning on buying a 64GB sd card eventually.

As for netflix from the iphone 5, I haven't done it yet, but I think it's lightning connector to hdmi then to a hdmi-rca convertor. There's one on amazon that gets power via usb.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you get netflix/iphone 5 to work.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
You have to get to RCA inputs for the QX60 to accept it. I've sold a bunch of these to Apple employees and they all roll their eyes knowingly after I explain that Apple's DRM prevents us from sending video through the dock connector (lightning or 30-pin) to the car through the USB connection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a QX60. I purchased the lighting converter to HDMI and will be gretting the rca converter. Has anyone tried this configuration with success yet? I'm hopeful I can get my iPhone 6 to play content along with other HDMI compatible devices. Thanks in advance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts