Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our QX60's are larger than the current QX70's, it must be because the base price is cheaper than the 70 that we ended up the 60. I had to LOL when I saw an Infinity commercial with all the QX's lined up and our 60 was next to the QX80. I think the Inifinty marking guys are downright goofy after having renamed the entire fleet a few years back (talk about brand confusion) and then they messed up on naming the QX60/QX70.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think on the whole, Infiniti's naming conventions are probably one of the worst I've come across.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
When they came out with the naming convention in 2014, the number QX__ was supposed to reference where the car fell in the price range. At the time, when you could get a QX70 with a 5.0 liter engine, that was a more expensive car. Hence the number size not corresponding to the car size.

But don't fret. QX70 goes away next year. And I suspect that its replacement will be a notch above the cost of the QX60 when it gets re-released in a couple years. So then we'll be back to pricing making some sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts