Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A while ago we saw the QX60 hybrid disappear from the Infiniti website. The Nissan plant in Smyrna, Tennessee, had continued to produce QX60 hybrids for special orders (and for China, where the model is sold exclusively as a hybrid).

Having said that, hybrid inventory will be tight since Infiniti isn't expecting many takers in the new $2-per-gallon America. 2015 saw just 2% of the 41,770 QX60 models sold were hybrids.

Hybrids now have the Premium and Premium Plus packages standard. That adds $6650 to the price which brings the price up to $53,045.

2016 Infiniti QX60 Priced Under $44,000, Hybrid Not Dead After All - News - Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
We're ordering a few. But if we sell more than 5-6 all year, I'll be surprised. And I live at ground zero for electric cars and hybrids.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a hybrid and love/hate it. Infiniti did a stupid implementation of it, and I knew that going in, but I felt that by paying the premium, I was helping them with their R and D and better designs would come. I did not buy it to save money, over time, or to get back my investment in the car. I bought it to encourage development of hybrids to save the absolute amount of fuel over the lifetime of my car. I'm not a tree hugger, but I feel this is important over time.

With that said, Nissan has not gotten the message :( I don't see that they have any new ideas or have learned from all of the negative feedback about their current hybrids. But I hope, in time, they do...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just the simple fact that the AC still runs from the Engine totally kills any positive potential the Hybrid can save.
It means as long as you have the AC on, the Hybrid system doesn't kick in.
Only way to use their retarded hybrid system is with the AC off. Then you will start seeing the engine turns off, thus saving gas.
One of the big reason why they pulled it off the market in the first place.

Not sure if they redesign to fix this. Doubt it. One of the reason why I didn't pick the hybrid. I do miss my 2008 Higlander Hybrid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts