Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the cost for a dealer to replace the sun visor?
The parts list has two different versions:
96401-9PB0A - $90
Or
96401-9PB0C - $150

Can't for the life of me figure out the differences other than the $60 price.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think you want 96401-9PB0A - $90
The other one 96401-9PB0C - $150 shows a "Required Packages - Israel"

I had both my sun visors replaced by dealer under warranty - 964019PB0A and 964009PB0A
Do you have an AWD QX60? I ask because this InfinitiPartsDeal site shows 96401-9PB0C are for "Premium" QX60's

$150 Option: 96401-9PB0C: Fitting Vehicle Options: *W. AWD, *W. PREMIUM
$90 Option: 96401-9PB0A: Fitting Vehicle Options: W

I didn't see any foreign vehicle references (e.g. Israel)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought a new 96401-9PB0A off eBay for $90. Two 7mm screws, and 5 minutes later I have a new sun visor installed. Looks perfect.

FYI, the expose the screws, the cover plate slides back towards the rear of the vehicle. Don't pull down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@dgandbver Do you mind me asking why you had to replace your visors? I ask because mine will squeek when I put them up or down and also don't stay all the way down. I've seen it's a known issue but just wondering if they will replace under warranty for that or if you had other issues with them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
@Thriftydawg - My driver and passenger visors would not go all the down - that is, toward the windshield and they both made this loud popping sound when we pushed them up. They also squeaked loudly on the way down. Additionally, the visors would not stay in the up position against the headliner - they inevitably dropped down a few inches by themselves - quite annoying.
I just complained about them to my Infiniti service advisor and he promptly replaced them both. Explained there was a known issue with them - cam devices going bad.

·
Registered
85 Posts
@Thriftydawg - My driver and passenger visors would not go all the down - that is, toward the windshield and they both made this loud popping sound when we pushed them up. They also squeaked loudly on the way down. Additionally, the visors would not stay in the up position against the headliner - they inevitably dropped down a few inches by themselves - quite annoying.
I just complained about them to my Infiniti service advisor and he promptly replaced them both. Explained there was a known issue with them - cam devices going bad.
I'm having the same issue with my driver side visor. Annoying.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Pathfinder and QX60's both have some issue where the internal visor mechanism's break after a few years. The popping/falling is all a symptom of the failure, also there are tons of internet forms (more on the Pathfinder since Nissan sells more vehicles) complaining about this.

The short story, the plastic inside your visor is broken and won't hold the visor position. It can't be fixed, the entire visor needs to be replaced.

This is my second visor, 1st was replaced under warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts