Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Pennsylvania and am shopping around for a 2014 QX60 AWD with premium, premium plus, theater and driver assistance packages. MSRP is around 54,000 and got dealer quotes around 48,000 before everything else.

I want to negotiate based on actual OTD price. So, what is a good OTD price I should target for this car? I'm thinking 48,000 OTD, but wonder if there will be room to further knock it down.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You mean you want to pay $48k with taxes and other fees involved included as well? That'd pretty much make the vehicle somewhere around $46k I think, around $8k below sticker. I'd say it's do-able as I got mine $8k below sticker in February when there was tons of snow on the ground around here and no one was buying, but I also went into the deal knowing my price from TrueCar and a particular dealership.

Personally I'd say $48k for the vehicle, or $6k off the sticker, is a very reasonable deal with paying taxes on the $48k price.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would say that is a fairly aggressive deal from the get go. It all depends on where you are located and how many they have on their lot. Getting $48 otd without any incentives is going to be very difficult, but you can give it a shot!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I would say that is a fairly aggressive deal from the get go. It all depends on where you are located and how many they have on their lot. Getting $48 otd without any incentives is going to be very difficult, but you can give it a shot!
That's what i was thinking, but it doesn't hurt to try. It might be worth it to go in when they just open for the day or even near the end of the day..

·
Registered
199 Posts
Go in at the end of the weekend in the evening, or on a weekday in the evening. Both will be slow and they will want to make the deal. End of the month is even better if you do not want it now and they have a few in stock. If they only have one, you may want to step on it because they go quickly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
End of the year in December you can often get better deals than the rest of the year. If you wait till then maybe you will have a better chance at getting the big deal that you are looking for.

·
Registered
199 Posts
End of the year in December you can often get better deals than the rest of the year. If you wait till then maybe you will have a better chance at getting the big deal that you are looking for.
Very true, but if there is a certain package and color combo, the 2014's will be almost gone by then. Also,the 15's won't have as good of incentives because they will just be landing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
End of the year or at least end of the month can be good. Dealers are wanting to sell a few more cars to get their monthly or yearly numbers up before they send them in. They will be more into giving you a discount just so that they can get the sale. If you are looking for a discount, also see if you can make it seem like you wanted an option or package that they don't have available. That can give you some leverage to get a discount since the dealership isn't able to give you exactly what you want.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Only downside is you have to be quick, just imagine how many other people are on the look out for year end deals. It might be best to follow up with the dealer weeks leading up to the deals happening

·
Registered
89 Posts
Only downside is you have to be quick, just imagine how many other people are on the look out for year end deals. It might be best to follow up with the dealer weeks leading up to the deals happening
Yea I suppose it is probably a busy time of year for them. Might be a good idea to already have a relationship with the dealer, or I guess you could just be more open to whatever they have left on the lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
$9k?!

yeuchau,

$9k?! 2014 or 2015? And did you have a trade-in? Hard to believe they are giving $9 off msrp on a 2015 without making up for it elsewhere, like on the trade-in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts