Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 QX60 FWD ~8 months old. This week on the highway it suddenly warned that BSW has failed and shutdown BSW & DCA. This was on a long drive on the highway, weather was clear, the car was clean(nothing clogging the sonar). after sometime pulled over a rest area and stopped the car and restarted again and it was gone. not happened again since. Thought of taking to the dealer, not sure if they would do anything about it if it is not currently happening. checking if any other members have observed similar behavior. Thanks

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I had that happen several times on a cross country trip. It happened when I was in extremely rainy conditions and during snow. Each time I was able to reset the system after several miles when the weather changed. I did have ice blocking the sensor once and was able to clear it at a service station. The adaptive cruise control would also shut off when those sensors shut down. I switched over to manual cruise control by keeping the cruise control button down for about 5 seconds. After about 10 minutes I was able to shut the systems down and then restart them.

I did have my dealership check the sensors out when I returned from the trip. Everything checked out ok.

·
Registered
141 Posts
LDW malfunction

I had a similar issue while driving back from Lake Tahoe last spring - I wasn't using the adaptive cruise control, the BSI, LDP and DCA were off and suddenly a warning pops up on the cluster telling me of a LDW malfunction - see the attached photo. The weather was clear and warm as you can tell by the temp in the pic - 74.
I just kept driving until we arrived home and I just reset the how system by turning the engine off and then on.
The error did not happen again.

Like BobOB, I had the dealer check the systems out and they found no residual error codes from the incident. They told me if the error happens again to let them know and they would look into replacing one of the computer modules that controls/senses the LDW,BSW.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts