Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Studio on Wheels includes 14 high-performance speakers, and the company’s first application of Bose Advanced Staging Technology that delivers front-row concert sound for front-seat passengers. The QX60 also comes equipped with Bose Active Sound Management to reduce unwanted cabin noise while still maintaining engine acoustics.

Advanced Staging Technology directs audio to the most ideal locations, vocals in the centre, instruments right and left. There are five 3.25-inch Bose mid/high range tweeters across the front dash. AST is supposed to give a wider sound and a precise audio environment, probably why they call it Studio on Wheels.

Six other mid/high range speakers can be found though out the cabin, two 1-inch tweeters, one near each side mirror; one 5.25 inch mid range speaker in each rear door, and two 3.25 inch tweeters on each side of the rear deck behind the rear passenger row.

Base comes from two 10-inch Bose woofers (one in each front door) and another woofer mounted on the rear deck for depth.

The QX60 also comes with Bose Active Sound Management to control engine and powertrain sound inside the cabin. In conjunction with the audio system’s speakers and amplifier, the Bose Active Sound Management system reduces unwanted powertrain noise in the QX^0 while enhancing the desirable engine sounds (all of them?)

Anyone ordered their QX60 with the Bose System? Anyone had a chance to fiddle with the Bose sound system?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am hesitant to order the more expensive stereo system. I hear that the stock speaker systems are often good enough. I want to hear the difference between the two in person.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I am hesitant to order the more expensive stereo system. I hear that the stock speaker systems are often good enough. I want to hear the difference between the two in person.
it really depends how much you like music and how much you value a premium audio system. I think it's well worth it. the cost to add an aftermarket system later will be a lot and even then the price and quality may not match what this system can do.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have only heard good things about this audio system. if you want a good audio system I would say you should just get this one instead of buying aftermarket. it will be the best value for your dollar IMO.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Does anybody who has a QX60 have the Bose system in it. Or at least who has heard the system in action on a test drive or something? It would be good to have some real world experience to go off of.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
I have the loaded JX and can tell you the Bose system is exceptional. Excellent sound and good IPod integration. It was worth adding the entertainment package.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts