Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what options do we have for Stolen Vehicle Recovery. Does the Infiniti InTouch cover that? (I do see that a Report Stolen Vehicle option in the InTouch App)

Or are systems like LoJack better?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
InTouch services does provide stolen vehicle location, and I believe they will coordinate with police.

I'd assess the other benefits of InTouch, then compare pricing of LoJack type services if all you want is to track stolen car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
InTouch is a very nice service overall. The only problem with the InTouch Services is that for Infiniti to track your vehicle, you need to file an official complaint with the police, get a Case Id and that case should be assigned to an officer, then tell the case number to Infiniti. At that point, Infiniti talks to the Police and gets tracking done. In my view there are 2 problems here

(a) I am not sure how long that takes but it could mean loosing some critical time after the vehicle is stolen.
(b) The vehicle owner does not get access to the tracking data at any time.

In devices like a LoJack, this process is much faster and the user has an app to track the location. And it's a one time cost and not a yearly subscription like InTouch

InTouch services does provide stolen vehicle location, and I believe they will coordinate with police.

I'd assess the other benefits of InTouch, then compare pricing of LoJack type services if all you want is to track stolen car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts