Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
while washing the QX60 this afternoon I noticed a small crack on the upper right corner (Passenger side). There are no signs of impact anywhere. Could this be heat or sun exposure related? Has anyone else with 2016/2017 model experienced the same? I am planning to the contact dealer on Monday to see what the have to say. Not sure if this was always there and just became more noticeable after expanding in summer heat. Also wondering whether safelite can fix it. It is way up there and not visible from inside, my main concern is water is going to make ways through it.

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Heat typically doesn't cause these types of cracks so the dealership will probably resist paying for a replacement.

To be honest, it's a great place to have a crack. Mine started on the far passenger corner, then traveled across the driver view to the point a new windshield was needed. My aftermarket windshield isn't as good and the auto wipers don't work as well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know it will be a tough call having Infiniti pay for it, not sure if there were any flaws with installation, like it wasnt seated properly. I will contact Infiniti as well to see what they have to say. Funny I haven't taken for oil change yet with only 3,100 miles on ODO.

I totally agree with the replacement, in addition to rain sensing wipers, I have laminated windshield and forward collision/prevention system with camera mounted behind rear view mirroe, I wanna make sure that replacement is genuine Infiniti not an after market. One reason I almost prefer to use safelite to fix it so I won't have to replace it until really needed and not worry about crappy installation at dealership or having subpar part. Can you tell I have trust issues? ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts