Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have news on whether Infiniti plans on upgrading Nav/electronics to include Siri integration. I'd settle for an option to have the voice button or phone button on steering wheel activating Siri even.

Also, what's the current software version? Anyone have what upgrades there if there have been updates?

Thanks!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Not sure if and when they plan to do this but i'd say stay on the look out, they might have an announcement on it for the 2015 model year, i hope.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm hoping that it's more than an announcement for 2015 and instead an update to 2014 models too. I'm sure something like iOS CarPlay will require new hardware and software, but I'd settle for our 2014's getting Siri eyesfree for now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
From what I've read, it seems like Siri phone integration should be happening for Infiniti this year. Here's what I found.

Details are still in—ahem—development, but based on Apple’s WWDC keynote presentation slide for Siri in the Car, it appears at least Acura, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Opel, and Volvo are on board with Apple and will roll out compatible infotainment systems starting next year.
That was written last year.

Here's the full article. Apple Announces 'iOS in the Car' Phone-to-Car Integration for iOS 7 ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thanks. I'm hoping that it's more than an announcement for 2015 and instead an update to 2014 models too. I'm sure something like iOS CarPlay will require new hardware and software, but I'd settle for our 2014's getting Siri eyesfree for now.
that's what i'm hoping for too.
i just hope that 2015 brings on some good stuff, not just minimal things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Siri works in my qx60 but it comes on like a phone call and I have to initiate via my phone. The problem I have is that I cannot get the phonebook to sync via Bluetooth. It gets some of my entries but not all. Plus the ones It loads I tried to get them to come up with voice commands and it pulls up names that are not even close to what I am saying. Let me know if anyone else has similar experience. I have a iPhone 5s running iOS 7.x.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts