Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up this CPO 2016 QX60 late last week and am trying my darndest to catch on to all the gadgets it has (it's pretty well fully loaded). Three things at the moment I am wondering how to locate and toggle, if they exist on this model. Nothing super critical, just curious if they are in there and if so, how to find them.

1) Is there a button or menu option somewhere to turn on and off the heated sideview mirrors? Or do they heat up all of the time no matter what? Or are they automatic based on the thermometer readings?

2) other than looking at the map view on the screen and discerning what geographic direction I am driving based on the map, is there otherwise a screen view or option somewhere for a compass?

3) My lane departure warning sound works great! (so I learn every morning on my way to work, apparently in the fast lane I tend to favor the line on the left LOL) but I thought there was also a correction assist feature that would shake the steering wheel to also get your attention and / or auto correct you back into the center of the lane. Don't get me wrong, my mom just bought a brand new Subaru Ascent that has the auto correction feature and I actually hate it. I just wondered if the QX60 had that feature also?

Thanks in advance everyone!! I'm sure I'll have more questions as the days and weeks go by!

·
Registered
104 Posts
1) Is there a button or menu option somewhere to turn on and off the heated sideview mirrors? Or do they heat up all of the time no matter what? Or are they automatic based on the thermometer readings?
They switch on when the rear defroster is depressed.

2) other than looking at the map view on the screen and discerning what geographic direction I am driving based on the map, is there otherwise a screen view or option somewhere for a compass?
No, just the map. You can get a mirror with a built in compass like this. It's a direct replacement:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-INFINIT...h=item468e1b36c6:g:f90AAOSw8nxbCbsH:rk:2:pf:0

3) My lane departure warning sound works great! (so I learn every morning on my way to work, apparently in the fast lane I tend to favor the line on the left LOL) but I thought there was also a correction assist feature that would shake the steering wheel to also get your attention and / or auto correct you back into the center of the lane. Don't get me wrong, my mom just bought a brand new Subaru Ascent that has the auto correction feature and I actually hate it. I just wondered if the QX60 had that feature also?
I don't have any of the safety do-dads, but looking at the manual, if yours is equipped with the LDP system, it will:

The Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system/
Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) system will operate
when the vehicle is driven at speeds of
approximately 45 MPH (70 km/h) and above, and
only when the lane markings are clearly visible on
the road.

Each system functions as follows:
● Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system
– warns the driver with a warning light and
chime that the vehicle is beginning to
leave the driving lane.
● Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) system
– warns the driver with a warning light and
chime, and helps assist the driver to return
the vehicle to the center of the traveling
lane by applying the brakes to the
left or right wheels individually (for a short
period of time).

The LDW and LDP systems monitor the lane
markers on the traveling lane using the camera
unit1 located above the inside mirror. When the
camera unit detects that the vehicle is traveling
close to either the left or the right of the traveling
lane, the Lane Departure Warning indicator light
on the instrument panel blinks in orange and a
warning chime sounds

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hit the button on the bottom right of the steering wheel that has a car with circles around for lane departure prevention. It brakes one side of the car to help center you but doesn’t not vibrate the wheel, only beeps.

I think there’s a compass under apps or by hitting status and scrolling through. There also one between the speedo and tach when you select “navigation” for that display screen (as opposed to audio or fuel economy” but don’t have a destination set.

At least all of this is true on 2017.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think there’s a compass under apps or by hitting status and scrolling through. There also one between the speedo and tach when you select “navigation” for that display screen (as opposed to audio or fuel economy” but don’t have a destination set.

At least all of this is true on 2017.

This is not applicable for 13-15 QX60s

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for these answers!!! I mistakenly typed 2016 for the post itself, but mine is actually a 2015, as the title indicates. Thank you for answering the question about the heated mirrors, that makes a lot of sense! Same for the LDP function. I am guessing that for my 2015 model, there is no option for a compass on any view outside of replacing the mirror or judging it by the compass on the nav map. In any event, I'm glad I posted some of my ancillary questions here. You guys rock!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One more question, if anyone is still following this thread. It was sort of touched on in the 'cool tips and tricks' thread, but I'll ask again directly here for clarity. On 2015 models, is there a way to have the heated steering wheel come on when remote started? I thought I read on the other thread that this was only doable in 2016 and newer models. Living in Ohio, I use the heated steering wheel a good bit and would love to learn that this can turn on via remote start on my 2015. and I guess to take that a half step further, do the heated seats heat up if I leave them on when I turn vehicle off and then remote start later?

·
Registered
104 Posts
One more question, if anyone is still following this thread. It was sort of touched on in the 'cool tips and tricks' thread, but I'll ask again directly here for clarity. On 2015 models, is there a way to have the heated steering wheel come on when remote started? I thought I read on the other thread that this was only doable in 2016 and newer models. Living in Ohio, I use the heated steering wheel a good bit and would love to learn that this can turn on via remote start on my 2015. and I guess to take that a half step further, do the heated seats heat up if I leave them on when I turn vehicle off and then remote start later?
Nothing for the steering wheel. This is the same for both the 2015 and 2016 manual.

The button will be on the INFINITI Intelligent Key if the vehicle has remote engine start.
This feature allows the engine to start from outside the vehicle.
The following features may be affected when the
remote start feature is used:
● Vehicles with an automatic climate control
system will default to either a heating or
cooling mode depending on the outside
temperature.
● Vehicles without automatic climate control
will default to the last used heating or cooling mode.
● Vehicles equipped with heated seats may
have this feature come on during a remote
start. For additional information, refer to
“Heated front seats” in the “Instruments and
controls” section of this manual.

For 2017 it does:
Remote start logic (if so equipped)
Vehicles equipped with automatic climate controls and remote start function may go into automatic heating or cooling mode when remote start
is activated depending on outside and cabin temperatures. During this period, the climate control
display and buttons will be inoperable until the
ignition switch is turned on. In remote start defrosting mode, the heated steering wheel (if so
equipped) may be activated automatically.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing for the steering wheel. This is the same for both the 2015 and 2016 manual.

The button will be on the INFINITI Intelligent Key if the vehicle has remote engine start.
This feature allows the engine to start from outside the vehicle.
The following features may be affected when the
remote start feature is used:
● Vehicles with an automatic climate control
system will default to either a heating or
cooling mode depending on the outside
temperature.
● Vehicles without automatic climate control
will default to the last used heating or cooling mode.
● Vehicles equipped with heated seats may
have this feature come on during a remote
start. For additional information, refer to
“Heated front seats” in the “Instruments and
controls” section of this manual.

For 2017 it does:
Remote start logic (if so equipped)
Vehicles equipped with automatic climate controls and remote start function may go into automatic heating or cooling mode when remote start
is activated depending on outside and cabin temperatures. During this period, the climate control
display and buttons will be inoperable until the
ignition switch is turned on. In remote start defrosting mode, the heated steering wheel (if so
equipped) may be activated automatically.
dang....so if I want a warm steering wheel I have to go out and turn it on myself and push the button to turn it on? can't do it remotely? that's kinda a bummer LOL oh well, I've never even had a heated steering wheel before this, so I guess I can live with that . If that's my biggest complaint (which I guess to this point, it is LOL) I'm probably doing well! At least it seems likely that the heated/cooled seats will do their thing when remote started, so that's helpful!

·
Registered
104 Posts
FYI, I just bought a used homelink/compass rvm off of eBay for $29 shipped (from a 2014 Q50) and it was plug and play.

Any homelink/compass mirror from a 2013 - 2018 INFINITI Q40 Q50 Q60 QX70 G37 will work.

Reactions: jonesy84

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pay attention to the CVT transmission that's all I got to say. Mine is going off at this point very badly with shaking and the dealer had diagnosed it finally. It all started very mildly and now to the point that it clearly needs something done. Will be having my transmission replaced most likely by the dealer in the next few weeks.

And btw I have exact same model 2015 with every option there is that come on it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FYI, I just bought a used homelink/compass rvm off of eBay for $29 shipped (from a 2014 Q50) and it was plug and play.

Any homelink/compass mirror from a 2013 - 2018 INFINITI Q40 Q50 Q60 QX70 G37 will work.

good to know! Thanks!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pay attention to the CVT transmission that's all I got to say. Mine is going off at this point very badly with shaking and the dealer had diagnosed it finally. It all started very mildly and now to the point that it clearly needs something done. Will be having my transmission replaced most likely by the dealer in the next few weeks.

And btw I have exact same model 2015 with every option there is that come on it.
I'm glad to hear that the dealership is going to address and assumedly resolve the issue for you!

·
Registered
104 Posts

What's your mileage? Service history? What is the service department telling you the issue is?

FWIW, my 2015 with 16K has no CVT issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts