Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from California, and thanks for taking the time to read this. So currently we are in the market for a new car and the wife really has taken a liking to a used CPO 2015 QX60 which has 25,450 miles on it. I have been reading quite a few posts here the last few weeks about the transmission issue of this car. My question is for anyone who has "recently" purchased a 2015 if they have run into any transmission issues? Any help and/or experiences would be really helpful. Thanks again.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I bought my 2014 CPO (same model and "issues" as the 2015) in December of 2017. Car never had indication of transmission issues but dealer recommended putting a new transmission at the 30K mile service to prevent the issues. They did it under warranty. So I now have a car with ~40K miles and only 10K on the transmission. I'm not sure if the dealer was extra nice, or the CPO warranty helped, but I paid nothing for it. It's also worth noting I had no problems before or after. My understanding is that not all cars will suffer that issue - but if they do, the dealer should replace the transmission for you free of charge, and in my case at least it only took a few days, less than a full week I think.

·
Registered
134 Posts
20k miles for me, works like a Swiss clock. The transmission issue has almost disappeared by the 2015 model year. I suspect even the early years CVT’s had a low single digit failure rate but because of its severity, this forum and others leave you to thinking we are all screwed if we buy a QX60. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
We just bought a 2015 QX60. After reading about possible transmission problems, I’ve been trying to pay attention to any problems, but it’s been perfectly fine. Then again, we just got it. :)

Speaking of other catastrophic failures that hopefully rarely occur, just look up “HPFP” with some models. There, a failed HPFP can fill the entire engine with metal shavings. So, there are cars which seem to have a rare, but possible failure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello all from California, and thanks for taking the time to read this. So currently we are in the market for a new car and the wife really has taken a liking to a used CPO 2015 QX60 which has 25,450 miles on it. I have been reading quite a few posts here the last few weeks about the transmission issue of this car. My question is for anyone who has "recently" purchased a 2015 if they have run into any transmission issues? Any help and/or experiences would be really helpful. Thanks again.
Got our CPO 2015 QX60 last October with 26k on it. ZERO issues, now at 33k.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts