Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from California, and thanks for taking the time to read this. So currently we are in the market for a new car and the wife really has taken a liking to a used CPO 2015 QX60 which has 25,450 miles on it. I have been reading quite a few posts here the last few weeks about the transmission issue of this car. My question is for anyone who has "recently" purchased a 2015 if they have run into any transmission issues? Any help and/or experiences would be really helpful. Thanks again.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I bought my 2014 CPO (same model and "issues" as the 2015) in December of 2017. Car never had indication of transmission issues but dealer recommended putting a new transmission at the 30K mile service to prevent the issues. They did it under warranty. So I now have a car with ~40K miles and only 10K on the transmission. I'm not sure if the dealer was extra nice, or the CPO warranty helped, but I paid nothing for it. It's also worth noting I had no problems before or after. My understanding is that not all cars will suffer that issue - but if they do, the dealer should replace the transmission for you free of charge, and in my case at least it only took a few days, less than a full week I think.

·
Registered
103 Posts
2015 here, only 16K, but no transmission issues.

·
Registered
137 Posts
20k miles for me, works like a Swiss clock. The transmission issue has almost disappeared by the 2015 model year. I suspect even the early years CVT’s had a low single digit failure rate but because of its severity, this forum and others leave you to thinking we are all screwed if we buy a QX60. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
We just bought a 2015 QX60. After reading about possible transmission problems, I’ve been trying to pay attention to any problems, but it’s been perfectly fine. Then again, we just got it. :)

Speaking of other catastrophic failures that hopefully rarely occur, just look up “HPFP” with some models. There, a failed HPFP can fill the entire engine with metal shavings. So, there are cars which seem to have a rare, but possible failure.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello all from California, and thanks for taking the time to read this. So currently we are in the market for a new car and the wife really has taken a liking to a used CPO 2015 QX60 which has 25,450 miles on it. I have been reading quite a few posts here the last few weeks about the transmission issue of this car. My question is for anyone who has "recently" purchased a 2015 if they have run into any transmission issues? Any help and/or experiences would be really helpful. Thanks again.
Got our CPO 2015 QX60 last October with 26k on it. ZERO issues, now at 33k.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2015 Qx60. Fully Loaded and Everything. Bought it in March 2019 after our Fx45 got totaled. Now it’s Almost February 2021, it’s got 78k miles and the car has had absolutely 0 Issues. But after transitioning from the FX to the Qx60, we noticed that the car vibrated a little under light acceleration at low speeds. It felt different. So We took it to a local Infiniti dealership and the Lead Infiniti Tech took it out on a drive with us and said that it was normal. It doesn’t rattle or shutter, it’s like a light purr (probably the exhaust). That was almost 2 years ago and we even got rear ended in summer ‘19 at 25 mph and it has not gotten any louder. We went on road trips all Summers and the Winters are pretty brutal here in MA. So I think we’re safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts