Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Qx60 2014. Pulls hard left and right on Hwy when accelerating through 50mph /80km. Triggered by the Hwy wear ruts. Took it in for alignment. didnt fix. CheckEd tire pressure all are 34. Had new ball joints, control arms and bushing installed 3 months ago

It almost feels like the lane departure correction, except I have it all disabled. thinking something is loose in the front end? But what?
It is triggered by acceleration of deceleration

Any advice ?
thx

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had this happen with a different car and it was the control arms. Maybe something wasn’t installed correctly or is defective.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had this happen with a different car and it was the control arms. Maybe something wasn’t installed correctly or is defective.
I wondered about that. I’ll get the. To double check. Thx!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good news. Fixed. Turns out when control arms were replaced we used non Infiniti bushings. The part was flawed. Replaced with Infiniti and it works perfectly. Basically the generic rubber was allowing 1/8 inch play on both sides . As the car loaded up into the turn the car would shift in the bushing. The 1/8 inch translated into a big shift in steering. Felt like a swerve. Glad it is fixed !

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good news. Fixed. Turns out when control arms were replaced we used non Infiniti bushings. The part was flawed. Replaced with Infiniti and it works perfectly. Basically the generic rubber was allowing 1/8 inch play on both sides . As the car loaded up into the turn the car would shift in the bushing. The 1/8 inch translated into a big shift in steering. Felt like a swerve. Glad it is fixed !
Thanks for the detailed response! Glad all is good now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts