Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their belt yet? I was in for service the other day and the Infiniti advisor told me they were recommending replacing the serpentine belt at 30,000 miles. That seems a bit too short of a time span. I just replaced a power steering unit on our van that has over 70,000 miles on it and my mechanic told me not to replace it yet because it was in excellent shape. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I do not believe that's parts of what Infiniti recommends. I would ask if they inspected it and it needs replacing or if this is just a profit center for them.

·
Registered
663 Posts
You can typically visually inspect them for cracks or fray. I've always been told inspect them at 50K, then every oil change afterwards. They typically last around 70 to 100K. Slip/squeal also means it's aged and started to stretch.

How many miles do you have?

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm at 42,000 miles and the belt looks fine to me. I don't recall seeing any reference in the owner's manual for changing it at the lower milage. I'm wondering if there is a service bulletin on this item? I hate changing something if there isn't a good reason to do so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts