Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just bought this wonderful car and I find the advertisement, the Salesperson and the Owner's manual have all misrepresented the capabilities of the vehicle. I can't receive nor send text messages so I called Support who promptly advised that it's not possible with my Iphone. So I ask what phone do I need to get that will be compatible - NONE! What?! are you kidding me! The representative checked all iPhones and Droids and could not find a phone where the text messaging is possible. In the manual, they give specific instructions for setting up text messaging with your iPhone, which is the phone I have. When I purchased, I should've gotten a demo, but I neglected and accepted the salesperson's word that I could send and receive text messages from my vehicle. Now I find I cannot - that's a critical issue for me in my line of work as well as my personal affairs. More disappointed than words can say!:(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Never got the sending down, but certainly can receive texts with my iPhone 6s, even on iOS 11. The first time around, I believe you pair the phone with Bluetooth and then disconnect it from the car side of things and then reconnect for messaging to show up. Apologies, can't remeber what I did, but I know it was out of the owners guide

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can only receive texts, not send, with an iPhone. Go to settings-Bluetooth-my car and turn notifications on. This will display and read texts as they come in. Just use Siri to dictate texts to send back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts