Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

Seat’s leather is already stretched after 250 miles

9K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  asatar2 
#1 ·
Hello, I wondering if anyone have the same issue. I got a qx 60 2022 pure. And my driver seat (usually driving without passengers) started to have stretches…
I am 188 pound… nothing special about my body) but seat already looks like car is three + years old. I trade in my lexus NX 3 years old and the seats looked better than on 250 miles old QX 60. Same with my 5 year old Honda Odysey- leather on seats has no stretches at all…
I afraid leather might ripped any time soon…
Should I ask dealer about the issue? Am I only one with that problem? I will attach picture soon

#7 ·
I'm on my second QX60. I traded in my 2014 for a fully loaded 2019. My 2014 had full leather seats, but unless you took one of the premium packages on the 2019, you only got leatherette seats. I wonder if that is your problem? I've had my 2019 for 3 1/2 years now and my seats are not stretching like yours.

#10 ·
Hello, I wondering if anyone have the same issue. I got a qx 60 2022 pure. And my driver seat (usually driving without passengers) started to have stretches…
I am 188 pound… nothing special about my body) but seat already looks like car is three + years old. I trade in my lexus NX 3 years old and the seats looked better than on 250 miles old QX 60. Same with my 5 year old Honda Odysey- leather on seats has no stretches at all…
Should I ask dealer about the issue? Am I only one with that problem? I will attach picture soon
I too am on my second qx60. 2022 fully loaded sensory. I have dogs and captain seats will not work with the dogs. My 2019 was a white lux with the chocolate seats and it was partial leather and partial leatherette. I believe the pure is the base model and has leather and leatherette. My husband has the white pure qx55 and his is a combo of both.

#11 ·
as I said earlier: even if it is leatherette seats (even so official website says that it leather) - the materials should not be that bad , that after one month of use it looks like my car is 5 years old. And for instance in my Lexus NX leatherette seats looks like new after 3 years and 37000 miles: NO starches at all. It is a car production, not cheap china sofa … the only materials has to be used for car that can last long, not one month. In my opinion.

#12 ·
I have the same problem with my 2022 QX60 Sensory trim. Mine has just over 1000 miles but I noticed the driver seat bottom was stretching several hundred miles before. Note I noticed the same in my previous Infiniti, a 2019 QX50 Essential. That one was a lease and so I didn’t do anything about because the car wasn’t “mine”. If it continues to get worse, I will most definitely be bringing my 22 QX60 to the dealer ask then to replace the seat.

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
FYI, I submitted pictures to the dealership I purchased the vehicle from. Their Service Department reviewed the pictures and will be sending them to Infiniti corporate. I also sent a message to Infiniti corporate via Twitter. I heard back from corporate. They said to continue to work with the dealer but that they submitted a ticket as well for their Consumer Affairs dept and I should hear back in a few days. The dealership tried to tell me it’s normal “break in”. My suggestion is to wait a week and contact Infiniti corporate. The more complaints the better.

#18 ·
I received a call and spoke with a gentleman from Infiniti’s Consumer Affairs Dept. They will get in touch with the dealer I purchased the car from. They want input from the dealer and also he said he has internal resources. I told him the dealer’s preliminary response is that it’s normal “break in”. I told him it absolutely isn’t normal for this to start happening at only 200-300 miles and that the dealer’s initial response is not acceptable. If they were to compare a newly built QX60 at the factory or one just delivered to the dealer with ours, they would see the difference. The wrinkling or loosening shouldn’t happen at 200-300 miles.

#22 ·
The best course of action is submitting a case with Infiniti. The more owners who complain and submit a case the better. Let them replace the seat. Let them figure out the issue with the material, material quality or quality control and then replace. Being quite certainly won’t help. We paid a lot of money for the vehicle.

#23 · (Edited)
It is not so easy in our area (NYC) because Inititi wants you to bring car do dealership and leave it for a few days. But in NYC area dealers so busy that you have to wait 2 weeks for available appointment and then drive about 3 hours to them...and no loaner car of course :( At the moment it's not worth it

#24 ·
I understand. You have to at least make corporate aware. I sent a message to the @INFINITIUSA account on Twitter. Someone from Infiniti contacted me and opened a case for their Consumer Affairs team on my behalf. a member of that team contact me to let me know they would be contacting the dealership I provided them. Let them contact the dealership and provide next steps to you. I did send pictures of my seat to my sales rep at the dealership too. They said they contact the corporate office. However I am letting the Consumers Affairs team handle it with the dealership via the case/complaint.

#27 ·
It’s very frustrating. The more owners who complain the more likely it is they will address this issue. Contact Infiniti by sending their Twitter account a message or use the link on their website that I also included above, to send them a message. My dealer said they spoke to Infiniti and they were told it’s normal. It’s not normal. Not even in car that has 100K miles. The dealer knows that. My case with Infiniti (Consumer Affairs) is still open and I will pursue through them.

#29 ·
Hi all, I had a good conversation with a member of Client/Consumer Affairs. After reviewing the pictures I attached to my case ticket, he agreed this is not normal. He said he would circle back with the dealer I purchased the vehicle from, as well as his internal resources and get back to me. Again, if you are seeing similar with your seat leather, please reach out to Infiniti USA via their Twitter handle or the link on the Infiniti USA website I also included in previous posts in this thread.

#30 ·
UPDATE: Through Infiniti Consumer Affairs, I was able to meet with someone (regional level) at my servicing dealership and show him the seat. He agreed that the condition of the seat bottom is unacceptable and he approved a new seat to be ordered. Today is the today it will be replaced!

#31 ·
We have the 2022 Autograph model and my wife has been complaining about the seats not being the same caliber as her 2019 QX50 Autograph. There is a difference. The new seats don’t have that same quality and they are looking like they are older than actually are. Our 2013 JX and 2016 QX60 seats really held up much better. This is something I’m going to watch and if the seats continue to look worn out, I’ll be going to the dealership for warranty replacement.

#33 ·
My new QX60 2023 also has the same problem with the car seat leather after driving 2,000 miles. I twitted the corporate on their page to ask if anyone has the same problem. The corporate replied me quickly and replaced the leather for me via their dealer. However, they can not guarantee that the replaced leather will not have the same problem again.

#37 ·
I don't have this issue on my 2023 luxe, maybe the sensory has a softer leather, not sure though. I see some of this when I get out of my car after a long trip, however it goes away the next day. I have the saddle color, usually softer leather/Napa will have some wrinkles. I would take yours if it stays like this and won't get worse :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.