Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry I’m new here , these pictures from under driver seat in 2019 cpo infinti qx60

·
Registered
689 Posts
Very sketchy…. What did the dealer say about this?

Looks like the previous owner had water problems, maybe a clogged sunroof, left door open during a rainy night, flood, etc…

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nope...that vehicle has been flooded, or had water pooling in the floor boards that created a humid environment. I have a 2014, and my seats still look new underneath.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx for the reply, if I just discovered that rust few days after I bought this car from infinity dealer, what can I do legally, it’s CPO 2019 qx60

·
Registered
689 Posts
Thx for the reply, if I just discovered that rust few days after I bought this car from infinity dealer, what can I do legally, it’s CPO 2019 qx60
My guess is the dealer will claim nothing is wrong since (I’m assuming) seats are safe and it’s only surface rust. It’s too bad they didn’t do a proper CPO inspection, find and call this out or replace seat hardware.

Is rust under all seats, or just the front driver? This will help define the extent of rust. If it’s on more, you should pull back some carpeting in case it hiding other issues. Or have the dealer “prove” it’s not a larger issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That is very common and normal. IF these seat frame brackets were uniformly coated in thick rust, then you might want to see if the car was flooded by sea water.

The cause is salt air, from coastal exposure. These seat frame brackets are very commonly not painted, and almost never fail from rust. If it bothers you, spray some rust preventative coating on them, very lightly ! the stuff I use creeps on it's own so a little goes a long way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts