Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help.
I have an adapter to a 4 pin trailer connection. Brake lights, signal lights, hazards on the trailer all work. Running/driving lights don't work on the trailer. I know the issue is at the car, not the trailer, as a variety of LED light testers have consistently shown the issue is at the hitch. A friend suggested a fuse, and I think that is correct. I have looked at the 2015 fuse schematics and am not sure which ones to test as it is not easy to identify which fuses are related to the running lights for a trailer. That said, I was able to figure out which fuses were for left signal, right signal and brakes relatively easily. I suspect G67 but am not sure if that is a fuse or a relay, and how I would test a relay. Do I just pull a relay out? Ultimately I would like to know what fuse or relay controls trailer running lights. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also have the same issue. I’ve pulled two different trailers and both times, all other lighting worked BUT the TAIL LIGHTS. If you guys figure this out please, Please let me know the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The lights were working for me while i was working on the trailer lights and then the lights went out. I think I've blown the rely mounted in the rear hatch area. I plan to work on it this weekend. I will let you know if it works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2017 QX60 with no running lights on the trailer. I found another fuse box in the engine compartment drivers side front behind the plastic side cover. Fuse box is approx. 1.75" X 6" and contains relays & fuses - trailer running lights are one of the 10 amp fuses. New 10 amp fuse and you should be good. Mine was caused by a broken trailer wire that shorted the system so you might want to check your trailer wiring. ( shame on Infinity for not including this fuse box and location in the manual.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I checked all the fuses in the panel next to the battery and no evidence of a blown fuse. I had to take my to the dealership as I needed it repaired for a trip. They said it was a 10amp fuse in the box next to the battery and charged $220 😒😒😒. Lesson learned is that it is better to replace even if the fuse does not appear to be broken.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To be clear on the 2017 it has fuse boxes beside the battery you can see - the trailer fuse box was hidden behind the plastic side panel. (Trailer fuse box has check mark in the picture) I could see the fuse was blown but an ohm meter will measure resistance and confirm for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@RAC, thanks for the pics. I checked the 3 boxes you identified with X's and I did not look in that fuse box identified with the check mark as it was hidden behind the fender cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts