Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed these running boards onto my QX60... makes it much easier for my 4-yr old to get into the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regarding brand/model… I’ve seen it rebranded from various sellers, so I don’t know the real/original brand.

It seems that the common description for these include keywords: Deluxe, running boards, Pathfinder. I purchased mine from Amazon from the seller AutoMaxStyling (Amazon.com: Fits 2013-2014 Nissan Pathfinder 80" Deluxe Side Step Nerf Running Boards: Automotive)

At $245, it was the cheapest I could find… You can also find them elsewhere like e Bay, which sells for slight and significantly more.

I will clarify that these are typically advertised for the Pathfinder (in case you couldn’t find them for the QX60)… I checked out the Pathfinder forum and found that a few owners had them installed (and many thanks to them for their help). I read the instructions and found that the Pathfinder body holes were EXACTLY the same as the QX60. So, I went for it and bought them. The construction is solid and quality is very high. And I think they have a clean look to them. The steel is thick and not flimsy in any way. To me, they look as if they could be OEM (though I know they’re not).

The installation was as I had expected. The running board description says “80 inches”, but it’s not… it’s more like 75-76” (perfect for the QX60). And the description says these don’t fit the QX60,… but again I found they fit perfectly, even considering I have factory splash guards. I also found out during the installation that the package was missing a few bolts/nuts, but was able to easily find them at Home Depot. Some have installed them on their own while others paid someone/place to do it for them. I installed mine myself and found that it was fairly easy, though a little time consuming (4 hrs total) since I was being very careful and had to stop and clean up to take care of something else (as well as get the missing pieces). And I installed them myself since I wanted to get a good look underneath the body anyway (may spray additional rubberize undercoating). There was no need to drill holes, which was nice. Prior to the install, I laid out and labeled all the brackets and major parts (e.g., driver side vs passenger side and front vs center vs rear,.. to which there are differences). I read the directions twice. One doing the passenger side first (per the directions), the driver side was a breeze.

The nice thing about fitting these running boards is that you can adjust them closer toward the front or rear and inward or outward before tightening (i.e., it’s not pre-fixed).

Overall, I’m really happy with these. I had my 4-yr old son test them out today, had NO problems getting in/out of the car.

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
Awesome write-up. Thanks tsk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks tsk for posting this. I'am looking for running boards for mine also will post some pictures after installing them

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
This is the best looking running board I've seen yet for the JX/QX. Thanks for posting the information and pictures. Great job!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Bob. I did a lot of photoshopping first to figure out which running boards would look good on this car and I felt this does it. I think the factory black plastic on the door bottoms make the center of the car look a bit empty (though I like how it flares out)... and that these particular chrome running boards help give it a lowered looking base without actually reducing ground clearance. It's simple enough to look OEM and sleek at the same time. My son and wife love them as it really helps them get in/out of the car. I don't know if any other QX60 owners have installed these.. doubt I'm the only one, but I haven't seen it in person or online. And I've started noticing other QX60 drivers doing a double-take when passing nearby.

This is the best looking running board I've seen yet for the JX/QX. Thanks for posting the information and pictures. Great job!

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I've passed this thread along to a couple of clients who were asking about putting running boards on their QX60's.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome. Hopefully, I've started a trend for the QX60 with these running boards... I am enjoying them quite much and I know others will too. Let me know if there are any questions, I'll be glad to help out where I'm able to.

Thanks for posting this. I've passed this thread along to a couple of clients who were asking about putting running boards on their QX60's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi TSK and everyone who's got these running boards installed now, i have a side question. would you say that these running boards will help against door dings from other cars? you mentioned that it is possible to adjust these running boards forward/back/inside/outside mount position. i see this as a potential protection for paint if lets say adjusted to the max outside position (aside from using them as running boards). any clarification if a car parked next to you and opening the door carelessly will be stopped by these and present a ding?

thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't see that these will prevent other doors from hitting your car door, even with them extended far out as possible. Reason is that these (and any other running boards) are low enough that the peak of the typical curve of doors will hit your car likely before the bottom of the offending door would touch your running board.

Not too much you can do here but to park smarter... and I don't mean by only parking straighter or more centered,.. I mean where you park. I don't try to park in the desert areas of a parking lot (that screams "do something to me"), but I try to park close to the curb of the first/last spot of a row (only one side could be affected) or actually next to a minivan (no reason for their doors to hit yours). And I do try to park straight/centered so that no one will seek revenge for me being a douchebag of a parker... then again, there's no excuse of a bad parking job with the all-around view feature, :)

hi TSK and everyone who's got these running boards installed now, i have a side question. would you say that these running boards will help against door dings from other cars? you mentioned that it is possible to adjust these running boards forward/back/inside/outside mount position. i see this as a potential protection for paint if lets say adjusted to the max outside position (aside from using them as running boards). any clarification if a car parked next to you and opening the door carelessly will be stopped by these and present a ding?

thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
HI Tsk, I have one question, do we nee to lift the vehicle for installation? or we can do without it and how difficult is the installation?

Please let me know

thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There's no need to lift the vehicle at all. I just placed a really wide piece of cardboard (flattened from some big box) on my garage floor and laid on that while working underneath the vehicle. The installation can be a bit time consuming (e.g., 3-4 hrs depending), but isn't really hard as long as you're following the instructions. But the key to following the instructions is that you read through them ahead of time to get a good general understanding of what you'll be working on. Once getting underneath the vehicle, I took a good look around the holes/area to make sure that I was tracking with the instructions. One thing that helped me was to label the actual parts (I used post it notes) in reference to the instruction page that listed out the parts. I labeled the parts according to the respective step in the instructions. Also, I was missing some nuts/bolts/washer. I should've counted those before installing, but didn't. I had to stop at one point and go to Home Depot to get the missing parts (not really an issue). But I ended up emailing the seller and was sent the missing parts. So lesson here is that you should count up the number of required nuts/bolts/washers... and if missing any, e-mail the seller immediately. They were really good about shipping them to me. Generally, the instructions tell you to install the passenger side running board first, then the driver side... The driver side will go much faster once you've done the passenger side.

I hope this helps.

HI Tsk, I have one question, do we nee to lift the vehicle for installation? or we can do without it and how difficult is the installation?

Please let me know

thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks TSK for quick reply, I got mine delivered yesterday, planning to start installation today will post pictures once the installation is done. btw green packages are Driver side correct?

Thanks once again

·
Registered
22 Posts
struck at 1st step only couple of Signle Bolt plates are missing, can't go further, tried in home depot but no luck. just sent an e-mail to AutoMax and waiting for the missed parts

Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Shame they can't get it right shipping out the proper amount of hardware required to mount these...

1 - 20 of 238 Posts