Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce myself. I recently bought a 2013 JX35 not too long ago. We were in the market for a 7 seater before we decided to purchase this vehicle because of its size and comfort. It is fully loaded with all bells and whistles but missing a few accessories on he exterior. Since then I have added running boards(thank you to tsk_2980), mud flaps, roof rails, and rear bumper protector cover. Overall I love all the accessories I added onto the car. They definitely improve the looks. If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask and leave your comments and tell me what do you think about the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's called rear bumper protector
part # 999t6r2000. Nissan parts have a 25% off if purchase over $300 until October

·
Registered
17 Posts
We also bought the 2015 QX60 just last week. I'm looking for adding the running boards for easy entry/exit as both mine and my wife's parents will be visiting soon and it would really make their life easier. Can you please provide more details of the running boards you have installed, the place you got them from. Did you install them yourself, if so how much work was it?

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lexinfiniti, please follow this link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B00HLPSBL2/ref=mw_dp_cr

Running board was made for 13 + pathfinder but fits jx35 and qx60 perfectly without any cutting or drilling required. It took me 3-4 hrs for the install but can be quicker if I had the parts organized ahead of time. Most complained about missing a few bolts here and there but I got everything for my installation. Really straight forward install. Just read the instruction twice and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lexinfiniti, please follow this link

Amazon

Running board was made for 13 + pathfinder but fits jx35 and qx60 perfectly without any cutting or drilling required. It took me 3-4 hrs for the install but can be quicker if I had the parts organized ahead of time. Most complained about missing a few bolts here and there but I got everything for my installation. Really straight forward install. Just read the instruction twice and you should be good to go.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I found the other thread about running boards after making this post. Though a bit worried about the issues some faced with installing this one on their 2015 model. Ours also has the tech package and I got from the thread that this may cause some pipe to be in the way. Thinking of getting the Romik ones which are much more expensive, though probably will look even better and sturdier. Of course, I don't like the extra cost.

Romik® 11754418 - RB Series Stainless Steel Running Board Side Steps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unless they changed something in the design of the 2015. My jx is fully loaded and I didn't have to deal with any pipes being in the way. Maybe someone can chime in and clarify this. I do like the romik as well but I decided on this running board because it looks and feel like a stock piece. It just blends in with the car so well. Let me know what you decided on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks really sharp after the upgrades! In regards to the running boards, did you jack up the car or just crawl underneath to install the bolts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Usc55, I just put a couple cardboards and lay underneath. No need to raise up the car. once you complete one side the other side goes fairly quickly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unless they changed something in the design of the 2015. My jx is fully loaded and I didn't have to deal with any pipes being in the way. Maybe someone can chime in and clarify this. I do like the romik as well but I decided on this running board because it looks and feel like a stock piece. It just blends in with the car so well. Let me know what you decided on.
After thinking a bit more, finally ordered the same ones you have, based on the price difference and all the good reviews from folks here. Should get them in a week or so and will update how they work for me. Also emailed the seller to make sure all the required hardware is shipped.

It looks like the issues some of the folks ran into is probably because of poor quality control from the manufacturer. Hoping I'll be lucky and it will fit easily and perfectly :).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cool, let me know how it goes and please post some pics when you are done.
The running boards were delivered yesterday (took only 3 days from NYC to Central CA, didn't expect air shipment). Started the installation today and got stuck at the first step itself.

The 10mm bolt plates don't go in fully (see attached picture) and get stuck when the bolt reaches the hole. Seems like the holes need to be bigger, or I'm doing something wrong. Really hoping it is the latter. Even tried lightly hammering it in, but didn't work. Did you have any such problems inserting these bolt plates? Please do let me know when you get a chance.

thanks in advance...

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
The running boards were delivered yesterday (took only 3 days from NYC to Central CA, didn't expect air shipment). Started the installation today and got stuck at the first step itself.

The 10mm bolt plates don't go in fully (see attached picture) and get stuck when the bolt reaches the hole. Seems like the holes need to be bigger, or I'm doing something wrong. Really hoping it is the latter. Even tried lightly hammering it in, but didn't work. Did you have any such problems inserting these bolt plates? Please do let me know when you get a chance.

thanks in advance...
Ok, so I was able to get the bolt plates in after a lot of wiggling and a bit of hammering. But now I have also run into that issue with pipes coming in the way of the passenger side inner bracket which provides additional support for the passenger side front mounting bracket. Just like mentioned by Jasper in this post http://www.infinitiqx60.org/forum/appearance-body/79865-running-boards-11.html#post134026. I'm going ahead with the installation without it as it seems only for extra support, just like Jasper did. Will check with him if he has had any problems without it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts