Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

New member and poster on the forum. I have a 2015 QX60 and the water channeling rubber trim has come out on both stock roof rails.

A couple of questions this raises:

(A) Has anyone else experienced this? I have only taken the vehicle through touch less car washes so i am surprised/disappointed that this occurred.
(B) I am still under warranty, can I take this back to the dealer shop to fix?
(C) If not covered under warranty, my mechanic (not affiliated with the shop) has called the Infiniti parts centers and was quoted $1,200 (eek) for the stock rail kits , brackets,pins and rubber channel trim. Does this sound right ? Apparently you can't buy the rubber trim alone.

Appreciate any feedback!

SSB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there, my car is at the service dealer now because of the weather stripping issue you describe, it also becomes apparent when you open the sun roof. This is covered under manufacturer warranty. Infiniti will actually have to take off your roof rails and cross bars (if applicable) and fix the issue and reattach. All at no cost to you! They are aware its a possible known issue. So take it to your dealer now to get fixed! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all for the feedback.

I did take it back to the dealer and they have ordered the rails and rubber trim and will repair as a warranty order.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just had this done. I looks like the dealership just pulled off the rubber seal and replaced the rack. When I asked about it they said that the kits no longer comes with the rubber seals and showed me a few more vehicles that did not have it anymore. There is gap now. They said they replaced with new mount kit 73865-9NM4A. The TSB is ITB13-049a. Has this been the experience for anyone that had the dealer take care of the torn and hanging roof rail seal?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just had this done. I looks like the dealership just pulled off the rubber seal and replaced the rack. When I asked about it they said that the kits no longer comes with the rubber seals and showed me a few more vehicles that did not have it anymore. There is gap now. They said they replaced with new mount kit 73865-9NM4A. The TSB is ITB13-049a. Has this been the experience for anyone that had the dealer take care of the torn and hanging roof rail seal?
I believe the new kits replace the rubber seal with a double-sided foam tape. The new kits come with rolls of it inside the box.

·
Registered
168 Posts
great..... I have a 2015 with the roof rails and cross rails..... this sounds like something exciting to keep an eye out for..... LOL but will be glad to read all of these experiences if something comes up with mine in the future

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have a 2015 just bought it from local dealership with 30 warranty I now notes that my water channeling rubber trims are goon. Dose manufacture warranty covers this problem? I have 65000 mileages?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts