Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a QX60 2018 model. And I want to put a roof rack on. I have looked at a few models but I'm worried the are not strong enough and will come lose and fall off or ruin the roof. I want to make sure It's the one I have to buy and also going to fit my car.
The ones I was going to purchase are here.

Mine didn't come with the roof rail grooves.

Is that my only option?

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
No pictures or links.

But if you bought a base QX60 with no roof rails (the bumps running front to back), then, you don't have the hardware to mount factory cross-bars. You'd have to add both rails and x-bars to accomplish that. If the car came with roof rails, it has little plastic covers over the mounting points for the x-bars. Those pop off easily and you just screw the stock cross-bars into the inserts that are in there.

If you did buy the base version of the car, your best bet is probably to to to a place that sells Thule or Yakima racks and buy something that fits/works for the size.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was helping my sister with her 2015, because she has a base model that does not have the roof rack, and the trim panels without the removable pieces where the bars bolt up. I couldn't find anything about how the panels come off of the car online before digging into it, so I ended up figuring out that there are just clips holding it on. I figured I would post my findings here.

If you take your time on it they are easy to pull up. Once I got them off I found there are bolts where the bars go. I may update when we get the parts ordered and installed, but here is a picture of the bolts.

Btw, there are metal clips that will stay on the plastic clips. Pop those metal clips off and put them on the trim piece or I imagine you would have a **** of a time trying to get the trim piece on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts