Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were so surprised yesterday. We picked up our new 2014 QX60 with about everything on it. It was Midnight Garnet and looked great. Except that my wife was so surprised to see that the Roof Rails and the Cross Bars were Painted Silver. BOY do they stand out! :( We can't imagine that these are not the body color!

Does anyone think it would be worth having them painted, and if so, would they just chip?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't think any manufacture does them the same color as the body. It is usually silver or black for the most part. You could paint it if you really wanted, but it would depend on whether it was worth it to you or not.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think any manufacture does them the same color as the body. It is usually silver or black for the most part. You could paint it if you really wanted, but it would depend on whether it was worth it to you or not.
OK, I will let my wife know. Did you get an answer (PM) on my Warranty cost yet?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not sure why you think the rails and crossbars should not be the body color. They surely are on my '14 QX60. I would ask about this. Could be it was a midyear switch, but for a car in this price range, that's ridiculous. Maybe the wrong ones were put on and you can get this fixed.

Let us know if Infiniti claims this is correct, now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure why you think the rails and crossbars should not be the body color. They surely are on my '14 QX60. I would ask about this. Could be it was a midyear switch, but for a car in this price range, that's ridiculous. Maybe the wrong ones were put on and you can get this fixed.

Let us know if Infiniti claims this is correct, now.
What was the body color of your QX60?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Liquid platinum... when I go to the Infiniti website, today, it says the rails and crossbars are painted silver. Maybe they changed this. Too bad if they did. Or maybe silver= liquid platinum, but I can't believe how lucky I would be if that's the case!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Liquid platinum... when I go to the Infiniti website, today, it says the rails and crossbars are painted silver. Maybe they changed this. Too bad if they did. Or maybe silver= liquid platinum, but I can't believe how lucky I would be if that's the case!
YES, you were lucky. Silver is what matches Liquid Platinum. Actually my wife liked that color, and almost went with it, but no cars were in stock equipped the way she wanted. She is going to get a quote from where we bought the car to see what they would want to paint them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't think that it looks that bad having the roof rails in silver, but you could paint them if you want to. I'd say don't change it if its more about what you think other people think because most people think it looks fine. Change it if it really bothers you though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think that it looks that bad having the roof rails in silver, but you could paint them if you want to. I'd say don't change it if its more about what you think other people think because most people think it looks fine. Change it if it really bothers you though.
Well, we may leave it alone! The dealer called and said that IF they painted it, and they do not want to, they will not claim that it will not chip. I am encouraging my wife to just leave it alone!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that's been the best option all along quite honestly.
We agree, and can understand that Infinity can just create one set of these for all colors and save inventory. But to do this on a $60K car does not seem right. In fact, if they were Chrome they would at least look like the window trim!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you considered having them chromed?
Not yet, and we may just forget about doing anything. Perhaps the Chrome would scratch more than the paint. Chrome can be polished with dry cleanser as a rubbing compound if there are minor scratches.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think they leave them silver for contrast honestly. Some of the colors would look terrible if the roof rails were matched. Every car maker does this, so I don't know how much money was intentionally saved here.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think they leave them silver for contrast honestly. Some of the colors would look terrible if the roof rails were matched. Every car maker does this, so I don't know how much money was intentionally saved here.
Thanks Matt. I agree and do not think they look bad. Just unexpected, but my wife thought they would match.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts