Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to remove the dash to get to the radio for anything? I'm looking at installing a GROM Audio VLine 2 in my 2014 QX60. I've taken dashboards and panels apart in other vehicles, but I've found it's easier if I know what sequence to take them off in.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I did to install the nav bypass. I may have the instructions PDF at home. I'll try to remember to post it later. It's pretty easy for this car you'll be able to do it no problem if you have any prior experience at all.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
250 Posts
So I don't have it as a PDF, it came printed with the parts I purchased.

Bypasses Explained V3 - Car Kit Company

The guy's name is Brian Langley and his email is
[email protected] I communicated with it a bit during the process and he was very helpful. I'm sure you can email him for the instructions PDF. Tell him you're considering buying the part and want to know if it's something you can do yourself, or something. You'll have the instructions you need that way. And while I'm not affiliated with them, maybe consider the bypass. It works great for us.

·
Registered
663 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the help on this! I was able to remove everything, install the VLine V2, and then put it back together. Everything is working fantastic!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the Lexus one, I got the one for Nissan/Infiniti. I don't have enough posts yet to be able to post a URL. When I do, I'll post the link. Sorry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I posted a video to YouTube. At this point I don't have enough posts to post a link. If you do a Google search for VLine 2 2014 QX60 it is actually the first video that comes up. I posted it just a little while ago. I hope it helps, and if you have any other specific questions let me know. It's my first video so be nice :).

One last thing - after I installed it, all of the factory stuff still works in regular mode. The only thing that no longer works is the factory USB.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I posted a video to YouTube. At this point I don't have enough posts to post a link. If you do a Google search for VLine 2 2014 QX60 it is actually the first video that comes up. I posted it just a little while ago. I hope it helps, and if you have any other specific questions let me know. It's my first video so be nice :).

One last thing - after I installed it, all of the factory stuff still works in regular mode. The only thing that no longer works is the factory USB.
I'm assuming your existing Nav system works when you press the Maps button?

Also, do you know what aux setting this takes over? It looks like you pressed the aux button a number of times before the VLine showed up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm assuming your existing Nav system works when you press the Maps button?

Also, do you know what aux setting this takes over? It looks like you pressed the aux button a number of times before the VLine showed up.
The normal navigation works fine. I never used the in car Nav as I'd rather use Google Maps or Waze.

I honestly don't know, I think it's the one after the iPod one. That was a rookie mistake on the video. I was watching my phone while recording and not the screen that was coming up so I hit it more than I should have.

·
Registered
663 Posts
The normal navigation works fine. I never used the in car Nav as I'd rather use Google Maps or Waze.

I honestly don't know, I think it's the one after the iPod one. That was a rookie mistake on the video. I was watching my phone while recording and not the screen that was coming up so I hit it more than I should have.
I'm just glad you posted the video, it's nice to see the unit in action.

One more question, was it plug-n-play with a bypass connector, or did you have to run a wire to the fuse box, splice any cables, etc...?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I'm just glad you posted the video, it's nice to see the unit in action.

One more question, was it plug-n-play with a bypass connector, or did you have to run a wire to the fuse box, splice any cables, etc...?
It was all plug and play. I didn't have to splice one wire. It's actually pretty cool seeing how Grom did all the wiring. It's almost like they spliced in their box on a wire to wire basis. I know in the factory service manual it shows exactly what each pin does so if you had the time you could probably rig something up yourself. I don't have that kind of time and plug and play was perfect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts