Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just joined, first post. I use to be over at the InfinitiJX forum but i am glad i found this as it seems much more active.

We have a 2013 infiniti JX35 with about 40,000 miles on it. We have used the remote start from time to time. Today we went to use it and nothing. I locked the car, then immediately hit the remote start button holding for 1+ minute. I tried this away from the car and close to the car nothing would happen other than lock the car. I have tried this with both key fobs, still nothing. I went into the car settings on the steering wheel and checked and the remote start feature has a check mark by it.

Does anyone have any idea as to what might be causing this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you have to hit lock button twice and then hold remote start button
Thanks, i have tried that as well and go go. I do have a remote that will start the car remotely. The other key fob will not. The key will start the far and unlock it, just not perform a remote start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Though the steering wheel, in the settings try unchecking (turning off remote start) and then checking it again to see if that "resets" it.

The only other things that I can think of: low remote battery or your hood may not be closed all the way.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it working, i think the last time we brought the vehicle to the dealer they didnt close the hood all the way. Now all is working and well. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Sounds like you sorted it. But just for future reference, here are a couple things that will keep a car from remote starting:

Doors not all closed completely
A Key inside the vehicle (leave 2nd key in there and it won't remote start)
Not locking the vehicle with the keyfob before hitting the remote start button

1 - 7 of 7 Posts