Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The 2016 Infiniti QX60 has received a much needed refresh that sees it getting updates to its exterior and a healthy dose of new technologies.

The front end has had its design updated to be more in line with the Q50 sedan. The interior was had its noise insulation upgraded to dampen road noise, vibration and harshness making for a quiet cabin that can showcase the excellent sound system.

There are also new suspension components and settings that work with a revised steering system to "deliver greater feedback for a more rewarding drive."

A new safety technology has been added as well, Around View monitor with Moving Object Detection, which Infiniti describes as "a four-corner, virtual 360-degree, bird's-eye view of the vehicle when parking. This driver aid was later enhanced by adding Moving Object Detection, which can help alert drivers to the presence of animals, pedestrians or other moving objects around the parking vehicle."

Finally, two new colors will be on offer with the 2016 Infiniti QX60, Hagane Blue and Jade Green.

2016 Infiniti QX60 Gets Updated Styling, New Technologies

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks like some nice improvements. Fortunately, for me...nothing that makes me regret getting a 2015 version (unless I was confident to get at same price).

I especially like the turn signals in the mirrors!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks very nice. Love that front grill. I wonder if the grill and the turn signal mirrors would be a direct fitman on a 2013,14 and 15???

·
Registered
663 Posts
Funny how they dialed-down the amount of chrome on the front end/grill. Guess they finally figured out what I've been complaining about since buying mine in 2012.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since I intend to keep my 2013 JX until at least 2021. I could see me swapping out the headlights, grill, bumper cover, etc to this.

Even though its gonna be crazy expensive because the parts will be dealer only for a good while (but I might wait 2 years for aftermarket, maybe)

And its gonna be a pain because my JX is Moonlight White QAA and if these bumper covers come prepainted the closest for me will be Majestic White QAB which is gonna look bad if I don't get it painted to QAA.

BUT if it makes me happier to keep my aging JX i'd be willing to do it. I do like the new look. Cars are almost never good investments but the longer I keep it the better it works out financially.

Budget $2000. That's gonna be hard I know. But waiting for aftermarket headlights will help out tremendously.

Anyway this post may not be totally on topic but this is the first idea that popped into my head when I saw the new QX, so that's how it relates.

BTW. I'd be doing this for me, not to pose, i just like the look. I would not change the JX badge or anything like that. And I hate those "3.5"s on the QXs, uggh.

·
Registered
83 Posts
1) It looks like they still went with "yellow" bulbs in the interior.

2) looks like the headlight has LED DRL. Nice!

3) I want that turn signals on mirrors! I still cannot believe that the '15 model doesnt have it.

4) Front grille - hmmm, i like mine better :)

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Whoever wrote the above blurb got it wrong on the new safety tech. I'll get more details soon, but new Tech package has predictive forward collision warning (comes over from Q50) plus some sort of pedestrian sensing (I don't know much about this yet).

·
Registered
35 Posts
1) It looks like they still went with "yellow" bulbs in the interior.

2) looks like the headlight has LED DRL. Nice!

3) I want that turn signals on mirrors! I still cannot believe that the '15 model doesnt have it.

4) Front grille - hmmm, i like mine better :)

Sat24, I'm with u on the grille. The QX60 grill now looks sharp, and classy. I get complements
On my front of my 2014' all the time . That 2016 grill looks like the grill on a Toyota Carolla..
And on the turn signal mirror...... that was one of the first mods I did on my QX60.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd be curious as to what new things they put on the new QX60 given the new competition from the Q7 and even Volvo. The Q7 is at a much higher price point, however. But the Volvo and even the MDX are in the same price vicinity along with the new Acadia/Enclave SUV's.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree that 2015 is just fine, really not much is not being added in 2016 and I believe the MSRP is being bumped up.

I happen to prefer the 2015 grill over the 2016. The new honeycomb grill with the badge in the middle reminds me of the Pathfinder and Lexus RX grills (although the shape of the RX grill is now horrendous IMO). I understand that Infinity is conforming the product line but now the front grill will just look like the rest. I prefer unique.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ooh nice - can you provide some details on the turn signal mod? Its the first time I have seen that mod referenced on this forum...
I bought the turn signal mirror covers on ebay from China. I had it painted to match and had a 2 wire connector which I tapped into the turn signal wires. You have to completely remove the side mirror off the car to get the wire through. The door panel needs to come off too to snake the wires through to the turn signal wires. here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's ashame that no one has developed a module that you can tap into a fuse box and a receiving module that would work on the mirror so that you don't have to take off the door and snake a line.

Also, it's ashame that only Tesla has implemented firmware upgrades wirelessly. I'm disappointed that I can get my 2013 JX to stop beeping when the hatch opens/closes when the 2015(?) can do that. It's just a software upgrade.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts