Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had an issue with our liftgate since we bought our 2014 QX60 last year. Had the dealer look into it several times but until recently it has been intermittent enough that they claim they can't replicate it.

Behavior is; push any button (under dash, on remote, or on the liftgate itself) to open it. It opens. Then it beeps twice and immediately closes again.

We just catch it mid-close and lift it back up again, but it is quite annoying.

Any thoughts as to what might cause it to not want to stay open once it's already opened? Some kind of switch or sensor on it indicating when it has reached a fully open state that might not be working?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I'm not a tech. Nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. But if I had to guess, it sounds like the gizmo that tells the door that it is fully open, isn't working. If the door is opening and you stop it part-way with your hand, it will then close. From what you describe, it sounds like the door gets to the end of its travel, feels resistance, and therefore closes.

Dealer should be able to fix now that you can replicate the problem reliably.

·
Registered
89 Posts
We had an issue with our 2014 QX60 Liftgate, but it "MAY" be related. Ours would open OK, but when we closed it, it would open again. Nothing was blocking it and the dealer tried several times to fix it. He changed many parts, and, of course, was intermittent! Finally, an Infiniti service rep told them to update the SOFTWARE in the module that controlled this function, or replace the module and be sure it had the latest version, and we have never had this issue again. I believe that at one time they had replaced the module, but replaced it with the same "bad" software in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts