Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air wasn’t blowing out of the rear vents on our 2017 QX60 so we brought it to the dealer (have cpo wrap warranty still). They replaced the blower motor, resistor, and intake door actuator.

Air blows out again but the heat is very weak after the car is up to temperature. AC blows full blast.

They said there is a temperature sensor that detects the temperature and effectively lowers the fan speed for heat from the console vents and directs it out under the seats. So once the car is say 72 degrees, air will almost stop blowing out or the rear console vents. This is regardless of the manual fan speed selected. I don’t recall this ever being the case before but my wife drives the car 95% so I don’t know for sure. She doesn’t seem to remember this behavior either.

My question to everyone is whether this sounds normal and does your QX60 have the same behavior?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Manual speed overrides auto setting. So if you want full blow, notch up fan speed.

Bring it back to the dealer and tell them to show you the same behavior with another QX60.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts