Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had posted this before in another thread, but I believe this is something you may want to check out!

We have a new build (July 2014) QX60 and found after my wife had "locked" herself in the back seat that the rear doors can not be opened from the inside. Yes we know about the child safety switches, but BOTH doors will not open no matter what position they are in. The only way to open them is from the outside. VERY bad if there were an accident. The dealer was sure we were too dumb to figure this out and everyone at the dealer took a turn to be the hero and show us what we were doing wrong!

We just got a call saying that they have no idea what is wrong but ordered new Actuators as that is all they can think of. Anyway, I am surprised that 2 of these are bad.

At any rate, it may be worth it to check if this is more than just our issue and when we pick up the car Wednesday, I will update this as to what was the final fix!

Reactions: whifqx

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
I only had this happen once, and it was after the car was detailed. I think the guy working on the car threw the switch while cleaning. It will be interesting to see if your actuator was bad or never hooked up when the car was built.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will let you all know. As I said, the child safety switch has NO effect and it would be strange that BOTH Actuators are bad..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, she got her car back.

Here is what the cause was...pick one!!

A. BOTH Actuators were bad and were replaced. Infiniti must have had a bad run and other cars must have this issue as well.

B. The Actuators were in the wrong position...both of them...what ever that means. If a factory person installed them wrong, there can still be many cars with this dangerous issue!

Anyway, we never can get a straight answer from our dealer!

·
Registered
225 Posts
But does it matter? Infiniti was having a bad day with your rear doors no matter what. Now it's fixed. And maybe Infiniti will add "open rear doors from inside" to their QA tests. Sheesh. Can't believe this would ever get shipped out of the factory like that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, but thought I would ask if anyone else had this issue and if they even tested it. However, I was told in another thread that I post "hyperbole and sarcasm" and I just do not see it. So sorry if I upset anyone!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Sorry for calling you a whiner. It wasn't personal.

I've never heard of a single JX or QX60 having the problems you encountered with the door actuators. Sounds like a freak issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts