Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my QX60 in for 20K service and the dealership told me that my rear brakes are 30% needs to be replaced soon. SUV is mainly driven in city mode. I thought the front brakes would go first but why rear brakes at 20k? Cost is around $360 here in SoCal. Is that about right price? Can I take it to independent mechanic if the car is lease car or have to get it serviced at dealership?

Thxs

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just took my QX60 in for 20K service and the dealership told me that my rear brakes are 30% needs to be replaced soon. SUV is mainly driven in city mode. I thought the front brakes would go first but why rear brakes at 20k? Cost is around $360 here in SoCal. Is that about right price? Can I take it to independent mechanic if the car is lease car or have to get it serviced at dealership?

Thxs
Many variables on brakes. Sometimes they can go at 20K and other times I've managed well over 100K, especially on the rear.

That being said, I would see if Infiniti/dealer would share the cost since it does seem early. Otherwise I would go to an independent and spend around $200. Especially since nothing extra should be required (turning rotors, bleeding brakes, etc.)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had 3 previous Infinitis: 2007 G35X; 2010 G37X; 2013 M37X, in all 3 vehicles the rear brakes wore before the front brakes. Why: it was explained to me on the G Forum, that due to the ESC systems, when in windy or winding roads, the ESC applies the brakes periodically to "stabilize" the vehicle. The rears are applied more frequently while driving, so the pads wear out first.....

By the Way, I just joined this forum - picked up a new 2016 QX60 fully loaded on a trade of my previous 2013 M37X which had 4 months to go on the 39 month lease.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just replaced all 4 brake pads on our 2014 QX60. Last oil change at the dealership, they told my wife that the pads needs replacing now or at next oil change. They quoted her about $600 for the new pads and rotor turned. I purchased replacement pads from Nissan dealership on Ebay. It was about $120 total for the front and rear. I think the rear pads get worn out from the Collision avoidance system.

Replacement of these pads are relatively easy for anyone who has done brakes before. To me, getting the wheels off is the hardest part (jacking/lug nuts removal, etc..) Just take a single bolt off the caliper and slide out the new pads.

My advice if you decide to go back to the dealership? Try a Nissan dealer and see if you get a cheaper quote.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Brake service @ Nissan dealer?

Has anyone gone to a Nissan dealer for brakes? If so, can you share the approximate cost? Infiniti dealer quoted me $300 per axle, and I need both front and rear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my rear brake pads replaced at courtesy Nissan , Richardson TX .Charge was $210 including all -> parts $65 , labor --> $120 , misc charge -- $20 + $tax

Service technician said he ordered the parts from Infiniti

Infiniti dealer quoted $320 per axle

Try couple of Nissan dealers, crest Nissan quoted me $300 :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts