Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

Rattle in Rear Driver Side

14K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Hoops17 
#1 ·
I have a 'rattle' in the rear driver side - it's definitely coming from 3rd row/back cargo area. It's more of a "flutter" noise when going over certain bumps or distinct dips in the road. It is literally driving me crazy.

I also have some rattles/creaks in the front near the radio/cupholder area - not as bad but definitely a nuisance.

Of course, service techs don't hear it but not sure how far they drive it when testing.

My QX60 is a 2015 - only 4 months old! Love the ride but these rattles are making me question the car!

Any ideas?

#2 ·
When I first purchased the JX35, I had a rattle near the right rear door. The service department had be take one of their technicians on a road trip until we could here the noise. He pinpointed it and was able to fix it in a couple hours. I recommend you try to find a road near your dealership where you can replicate the noise then take the car in and have them send a technician with you so he can hear it also. I find bumpy pot-hole roads work best for rattles, and highways for noises that pop up while traveling over 50 mph. Let us know what you find out.

#4 ·
"rattle"

I have the same issue. Somewhere around the right side lower door area. Mine is wind/speed generated. Under 50MPH and its quiet. Over that speed and it begins. Thought it was the trim at the bottom of the doors, but I have put foam tape between the metal door and plastic trim and the sound is still there. Need to have my wife drive as I then will be able to move around the car to pinpoint the location. I drives me crazy

#5 ·
If you are still under warranty take it back to the dealership and have them repair it. I had a several minor issues with trim and weather stripping that the dealership took care of with no issues. They also fixed a rattle in the right front B pillar under warranty.

#7 ·
See above. The rear wheel splash guard just under the passenger section is the annoying problem that was somehow hard to diagnose. One solution is a plug. Another is to just remove the flaps. It's as easy as grabbing a socket wrench and being on your back for a few minutes. What a relief to have that rattle/buzz gone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.