Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea how to “fix” the radio presets so they scroll from page to page? This has to be the biggest software programming failure of all time if it cannot be done. Just to be clear, if I am on preset-1 (6 per page) after #6 , it goes to #7 but the page still displays presets 1-6. It’s driving me insane. 2019 model year. TIA.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not entirely sure I understand. The hard button presets are always 1-6 and don’t change with the screen. Presets 7+ can only be accessed from the screen using the dial (either turn to go through individually or push right or left to change pages) or steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Radio presets.

Any idea how to “fix” the radio presets so they scroll from page to page? This has to be the biggest software programming failure of all time if it cannot be done. Just to be clear, if I am on preset-1 (6 per page) after #6 , it goes to #7 but the page still displays presets 1-6. It’s driving me insane. 2019 model year. TIA.
I’m having the same issue. It’s annoying. You don’t know what preset you’re on if on the second page.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m having the same issue. It’s annoying. You don’t know what preset you’re on if on the second page.
Yes, especially with ease of the steering wheel channel/station scroll button. After preset-6 it’s a mystery as what station it’s on. Poor planning, but in my 20+ years of Infiniti cars, it’s typical.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have no idea what you all are talking about. My various presets show on the different pages and it’s easy to toggle between using the big scroll wheel in the center of the dash. But as a workaround to knowing what station you are on you can display the radio station between the speedometer and tachometer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no idea what you all are talking about. My various presets show on the different pages and it’s easy to toggle between using the big scroll wheel in the center of the dash. But as a workaround to knowing what station you are on you can display the radio station between the speedometer and tachometer.

On audio screen, along bottom it shows presets 1-6. If I use the steering wheel up/down button to change stations, after preset #6 , it goes to preset #7 ...but #7 on the 2nd page of audio screen. the screen doesn't change though, so I still see only 1-6. Not sure how else to describe this, but it is extremely annoying. I know I can see it on the display between tach and speedo, but that's not how it should be. The page or at least presets should scroll with the change of stations.

I also know I can use touchscreen and hit arrows on either side of screen to go to next page, but having the ability to scroll from steering wheel I shouldn't have to do that. It's awkward.

·
Registered
55 Posts

On audio screen, along bottom it shows presets 1-6. If I use the steering wheel up/down button to change stations, after preset #6 , it goes to preset #7 ...but #7 on the 2nd page of audio screen. the screen doesn't change though, so I still see only 1-6. Not sure how else to describe this, but it is extremely annoying. I know I can see it on the display between tach and speedo, but that's not how it should be. The page or at least presets should scroll with the change of stations.

I also know I can use touchscreen and hit arrows on either side of screen to go to next page, but having the ability to scroll from steering wheel I shouldn't have to do that. It's awkward.
Ah, I understand now. I guess I never realized this or it didn’t bother me. I agree, that’s a little weird.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What will really annoy you is if you've flipped to screen 2 and selected preset 7 through 12, then you'd expect the screen to stay on page 2.

But the next time you start the car, despite the radio being on presets 7 - 12, the car boots the radio to page 1 (presets 1-6). So you have to flip the page...every...single...time.

Best thing to do...only select your favorite 6 presets, because the 1980s infotainment will always default to page 1.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What will really annoy you is if you've flipped to screen 2 and selected preset 7 through 12, then you'd expect the screen to stay on page 2.

But the next time you start the car, despite the radio being on presets 7 - 12, the car boots the radio to page 1 (presets 1-6). So you have to flip the page...every...single...time.

Best thing to do...only select your favorite 6 presets, because the 1980s infotainment will always default to page 1.

Thanks for pointing that out...just annoyed me more! :eek: They really need to program these for 2019 technology.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if there has been an update to fix this issue? I just got a 2019 and this is driving me crazy (along with the default being map and not audio)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody ever get this resolved? I took my 2019 to a local Infiniti Dealer and they indicated it would require enough people complaining before a software update would come to get this updated.

Anybody heard differently?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts