Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Picking up my new QX60 on the weekend, so i will have lots of questions for you all. First question is regarding WeatherTech Mats.

should i go for the Weather Tech floor liners or all Weather Mats? i think the Floor Liners are ugly and ruin the look of the car but i have only seen pictures on line. Is there a big difference between the two?

Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have the all weather mats from Infiniti and like them very much. Better than peoples cars I have been in that have had weathertechs but it's a personal preference so in the end only you know what you'll like better.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also have the Infiniti all weather mats, and love them. And even better, mine were free. My salesperson threw them to seal the deal.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
Personally, I would remove the original mats. The WeatherTech are designed to lock into the plastic keeper that your current mats are using. You might be able to put them the WT mats over the original mats, but there is a strong possibility that the WT mat will slide forward off the keeper and wedge your brake or gas peddle.

My wife used to always insist on keeping the original mats under the WT until one day when the driver's mat came free and wedged between both peddles. It almost caused an accident. I'd just store the original mats for later use or when you go to sell the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in FL and have the Weathertec mats for when we take the car to the beach. I'd like to use the carpet mats on top of the Weatertecs and then take them (the carpet mats) out when we go fishing or to the beach. Anyone come up with a good way to keep the carpet mats in place on top of the Weathertecs? The Weathertecs use the hook that usually keep the carpet mats in place. I tried automotive velcro but it peeled off the Weathertecs after a few days.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I live in FL and have the Weathertec mats for when we take the car to the beach. I'd like to use the carpet mats on top of the Weatertecs and then take them (the carpet mats) out when we go fishing or to the beach. Anyone come up with a good way to keep the carpet mats in place on top of the Weathertecs? The Weathertecs use the hook that usually keep the carpet mats in place. I tried automotive velcro but it peeled off the Weathertecs after a few days.
I wonder if you can use some sort string through the holes of the carpet and anchor it to the hooks, keep the string loops short so they won't let the carpet mat move to the front too much.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had WT liners in my last two vehicles, while they are great for protection I don't like the way they feel, like plastic. But there is no other alternative to the level of protection I need, hence after almost a month of research I have given up and getting them. I came across Aries/3D Maxpider liners which are made of Kagu rubberized material but not sure how good they fit or their durability. I can power wash WT anytime I want and they start to look new again.

I am looking to buy WT liners for 1st and 2nd row, given that 3rd row does not have anchors to hold the mats like first 2 rows, and the liner side walls are not as high as first row (to hold snow/wet boots) I am wondering if I should get weather tech all weather mat for 3rd row. It is made of rubber and probably has knobs to grab the carpet so it won't move around as much as the floor liner and the protection level may be same. In fact I could go with that for second row as well and put the liners in the front only. Can anyone share their experiences with 2nd and 3row protection using liners as well as whether they slide around a lot.

Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
I ended up ordering liners for all three rows. Couldn't see interior getting ruined by snow covered shoes anymore :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts