Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

i have owned my 2014 QX60 for a year now, i got it straight from the dealership.

i noticed that on even the slightest slope i have to engage the parking brakes to the max, while the gear is on N , for the car to stop.

if i engage it half way or 3/4 of the way the car will not stop, again am not using the P gear.

when i went back to the dealership on multiple occasions they expressed that this is the maximum adjustment they could make for the parking brake, and that this is normal, as the car will be stopped by the P gear not the brake alone.

i just cannot beleive that a parking brake doesn't actually park the car on a steep hill and will need the help of the P gear.

are they right ? is it a common design within other QX60 cars ?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hi All,

i have owned my 2014 QX60 for a year now, i got it straight from the dealership.

i noticed that on even the slightest slope i have to engage the parking brakes to the max, while the gear is on N , for the car to stop.

if i engage it half way or 3/4 of the way the car will not stop, again am not using the P gear.

when i went back to the dealership on multiple occasions they expressed that this is the maximum adjustment they could make for the parking brake, and that this is normal, as the car will be stopped by the P gear not the brake alone.

i just cannot beleive that a parking brake doesn't actually park the car on a steep hill and will need the help of the P gear.

are they right ? is it a common design within other QX60 cars ?
Take it to the dealer, and have them adjust the parking brake.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sorry,

Missed the part where the dealer said it was at the max.

If the parking break is actuated via a cable, that is BS. If the cable is stretched, tell them to take up the slack and reattach it, or replace the cable under warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Parking brake adjustment

Parking Brake adjuster is on the rear rotors. Jack up the truck, place jack stands in front of the rear wheels in the proper position, place Chucks (hopefully i said that right) in front of the front wheels to prevent rolling, and remove the rear wheels. The emergency brake will have to be released so you can rotate the rear wheels independantly. There is a rubber plug on the rotor that covers a small 1/2" hole. Rotate the wheel until you see a cylinder with a gear on it through the hole. That is the emergency brake adjuster. engage the emergency brake peddle where you want it and adjust the gear until the emergency brake locks the wheel. Do the same for the other side. Put everything back together and you are all set.

Just saved someone some $$ if they are willing to do the work.:laugh::laugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts