Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 QX60 developed a 10kph instrument error while car is stopped. Highway radar speed checks confirmed the error. It took two (2) months for the dealer to get a replacement 'cluster'. The new speedometer worked well for four days. It then started to indicate an error of 10kph; 40kph; 120kph and finally 143kph. When I took the car to the dealer, with photos of the readings, the reading was 120kph.....so far the dealer has no answer for me. Has anybody else had a similar indication problem, and if so, how was it resolved ?

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The dealer has advised that they have to order another new cluster. I hope this does not take another 2 months ! I have asked the dealer to ask for an expedited order.......we shall see.
The overall experience has eroded my confidence in Infiniti ! :(

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Instrument cluster is being sent back to Infiniti..... 'am on the wait list for a new cluster. Hope this one comes faster than the 2 month wait for the last one !!

·
Registered
475 Posts
That’s great they are installing a third instrument cluster...I assume the Infiniti tech knows what they are doing. That said, I do hope the tech also replaced the speed sensor...even if it tested good. In my experience that is what fails, or works intermittently. You may want to ask. The sensor used to measure vehicle speed is usually located in the transmission.

https://www.autozone.com/engine-management/vehicle-transmission-speed-sensor/infiniti/qx60

1 - 5 of 5 Posts