Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So I am not having the best luck with this car since leasing back in December 2016! First a nail in a tire (repairable thankfully), then a large windshield chip (windshield needed replacing) and now this...

So someone scrapped my car while it was in a parking spot. It barely starts on the edge of the front passenger bumper (was backed into the parking spot), then scraps on the front rim, then the splash guard/front fender, then onto both side doors. One the front passenger door there's some damage to the Chrome piece and the plastic piece below it, as well as on the back passenger door (though the plastic piece was ripped off on the rear passenger door).

Anyways, I am posting this to see how Infiniti deals with these types of damages on leased vehicles. Do I have to do the repairs through a dealership? Should I tell the dealership at all? Just go through my insurance? Just wondering if anyone has had to do anything like this on an Infiniti lease.

Also, the person didn't leave a note, so this is a hit and run unfortunately.

Thank you!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I thought they totally scrapped the car as if it was taking to a scrap yard and crushed. LOL. I believe what you meant was "scraped" as they damaged the side of the car and now you're worried as to what will happen once returned back at the end of the lease. Correct?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought they totally scrapped the car as if it was taking to a scrap yard and crushed. LOL. I believe what you meant was "scraped" as they damaged the side of the car and now you're worried as to what will happen once returned back at the end of the lease. Correct?
Sorry, yes... those two words are far too similarly spelled (English sometimes...)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've never leased a car and would think that the dealer would be picky on those things. I know my local car washes have something called a lease return service where they basically clean up the car and make any minor touch ups to the paint. Might be worth looking into to avoid any kind of penalties for returning the car with damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts