Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

QX60 on Sport Mode

35K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  2mnycars 
#1 ·
Am I the only one enjoying the QX60 on Sport Mode or the rest of you agree with me that this Crossover is fun to drive with the Sport mode on? the engine just roar like I'm driving a sport coupe. at 4k rpm it sounds like I have an aftermarket exhaust ! love it. just sharing ..

#4 ·
My wife is driving this car at ECO mode at all time with Premium Gas (car is only 2+ weeks old), we are getting 17mpg for all city ride. The ECO mode seem to limit the rpm at around 2k.

Yesterday, I tried the sport mode and push it to 4k+ rpm and it does feel good. :)

I am interested to see your gas mileage for a full time sport mode.

#5 ·
I have 14,000 miles on my 2014 QX60 AWD, and I drive in sports mode. I too love the sporty feel of the motor, it is the same 3.5 sports engine that was in my 2008 G35. I have not reset my MPG on my monitor since I purchased the car. I purchase premium gas and am getting 20.9 with a mix of city/highway miles. It is a heavy vehicle so you do have to push the gas pedal a little harder to make it get up and go, but it will Go!! I love it!

#16 ·
I’ve tried sport mode on 2016 QX60 and I leave it off because I don’t have the control I would like at the low end (the over accelerating I think BobOB is talking about). The QX60 is pretty tame in normal mode which is great for most driving, maybe even a little sluggish to me so I tried sport. I found it a DRAMATIC change. It’s fun when your wife jumps on you growing like a tiger, bites your neck and starts tearing your clothes off. . .but most of the time that kind behavior is impractical. It was the same way with sport mode for me.

I would have been sold on it if it gave me a standard pedal response below 1000 RPM and then took off from there, but it assumed I want to evade the police and I could not feather the pedal for the control I wanted-and my foot is pretty sensitive. Full disclosure this is wifeys car, my daily is a Cayenne Turbo and I have a 911 for fun weekend driving and sport driving to me is more about controlled response through the range (whatever that is for the vehicle) and I don’t want to lock in fire breathing berserk mode on public roads.

I had fun with sport mode and was very impressed with the performance while tearing around-surprised the QX60 had that performance to be honest, but I don’t want to chirp the tires after every stop so I will save this for empty parking lots after a light snowfall.

I will keep playing with this, maybe it’s adaptive and will smooth out after a few minutes but these are my first impressions.

#11 ·
Sport mode is similar to my Haul-Tow mode in my F-250. It over extends into the torque curve leaving a traffic light only to wind down. I find manual shifting to be smother when needed. It drops down to a lower gear when engaged and you can drop down 1 more for highway passes and disengage.

#14 ·
Yes it is safe. No problem whatsoever. Same is true on Infiniti's non-CVT vehicles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.