Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this qx60 for the last two years with 18500 miles. The dealer this an update and recall at 5000 miles. It was great since then. I never have a problem except driving in Snow Mode on Highways by accident. It will slow the car down and don't let your kid play with it. I change my oil with blend synthetic each time. Every time I pump at Shell, they give me the lowest range around 430 miles. I have know idea why that what my friend said due to high performance. I use premium and plus most of the time, and I don't see any different in range. I'm averaging 31/32 on highways and 26/27 on city. Full tank average last me around 510-580 miles range. It would be awesome if some post with above 600 miles range with full tank!!! I feel that ranges is more important when pumping the gas. Check your range miles next time!

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
You have a much better average than me. I'm somewhere between 17.x and 18mpg at best. Full tank of premium (or whatever that gas station's highest octane is) is 350 miles or so.

Dealer has inspected car and fuel system more than once and has found zero issues with it. Apparently it's the terrible stop and go traffic here in South Florida.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You're the unicorn of QX60 mileage. I have never broken 20mpg, and I'm usually at 17.x and I've never heard of anyone as high as you are claiming to be.

Reactions: jonesy84

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow. That's amazing mileage... My car is 13 months old and I've put 32,000 miles on it already. The best I've ever seen was recently on a trip from SF to LA and I averaged 27mpg.

I'm typically in the 21-22 range with all the freeway driving I do, but when I'm stuck in city driving it drops to 17.

When towing a 2,000lb trailer it drops to 13mpg.

PS. I keep mine in ECO mode at all times (except for towing)

·
Registered
44 Posts
guess it's really where you drive matters too.
NYC here
mostly the 3 boro driving. Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.
Set on ECO
Fill Regular 87 with BP
Average MPG is 18.x
Average MPH is 31

·
Registered
401 Posts
After 25000 miles on the road with my 15 qx60, we still get above 500+ miles range. Happy camper each time at the pump!
Zuinfo,

Sounds like you are basing your mileage claim off the trip computer--which is understandable. Unfortunately, the trip computer is not accurate in measuring the gallons of gas used...it is optimistic. To get a true sense of your True mpg as compared to the mpg measured by the trip computer, do the following the next time you fill up:

1. Reset the the "trip B" odometer to 0 miles
2. At the next fill up, keep the receipt and write down the miles driven at the time of your fill up on your receipt.
3. When you get home divide the miles driven (that you wrote on the receipt) by the gallons you pumped into the tank as shown on the gas receipt.

How does that compare to what your trip computer showed? My guess, your trip computer calculated mileage is 15-20% higher than reality.

If you are really getting mpg that high, you must have fantastic gas--no ethanol which reduces MPG consumed due to lower energy content.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Here's an older post that has a lot of info that is data base, it compares the real world QX60 hybrid MPG against the QX60 V-6.

https://www.infinitiqx60.org/forum/2013-qx60-general-discussion-forum/80666-qx60-gas-vs-qx60-hybrid-stats.html

It would be interesting to do a similar data test on the V-6 version (using the tank method), to get an estimate of the MPG difference using (Regular gas, Plus, and Premium). I wonder what the spread is, and is using high octane fuel worth the extra cost -- that is, what fuel grade has the lowest cost per mile driven? ($/mile)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QX V6 and Premium gas... I’m happy with what I got as long is above 500 miles. We don’t fill up that often, but we usually got about 250 miles when it brand new. I’m not a mechanic can’t tell you much details. My fan broke down at 22000m under warranty that is the only problem I got.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
So far we've taken several long trips and on each trip we have our Yakama Skybox on top. I'm getting 24.6 on the high end and 19.9 on the low end. 2016 QX60.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts