Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
My hybrid AWD Q50 kicks some serious butt. 0-60 in 5 seconds and 30mpg combined.

Paradox's comments are right on track about the QX60 IMO. Turn off AC and you get much better mileage from the QX60.

A bigger engine/motor would be great, but I don't know how the vehicle would do with the one from Q50. Nice to think about, that wouldn't come without a complete redesign. I bet the Q50's engine would completely overwhelm the CVT, if it would even work with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the hesitation happen to me this past Friday for the first time on my new QX60. I was at a complete stop and turned left when the light changed It felt like the qx60 was pushing on the brakes I had no one in front of me. The QX60 hybrid was on Eco mode with AC on and all the collision avoidance features turned on

It freeked my wife out

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a two month old qx60 2014 had hesitation problems twice on a trip. Took it to dealer they were unaware of the issue but they promptly called the national tech help number and had it fixed in two days. Infiniti are very aware of the issue and feel they should share this information with the dealers so as this very dangerous situation does not happen to another customer. Shame on them if they do not.

The problem is: brake switch sticks which makes the car think the brakes are being engaged when in fact the accelerator is.
Fix is: replace faulty brake switch.

Hope this helps someone!

And please infiniti let the dealers know and fix the problem before someone gets hurt or worse.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I had the hesitation happen to me this past Friday for the first time on my new QX60. I was at a complete stop and turned left when the light changed It felt like the qx60 was pushing on the brakes I had no one in front of me. The QX60 hybrid was on Eco mode with AC on and all the collision avoidance features turned on

It freeked my wife out
That was most likely due to the collision avoidance S/W...Hal was in control. In the LA traffic, I turn the collision avoidance features off, it can create a very non-linear feel. If you're not slowing quick enough to maintain a safe following distance according to HAL, "he" will apply more brake force, and hold them even after you've taken you foot off the brake pedal. Try driving the vehicle with those feature off if you continue to find it un-nerving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes I agree that it is most likely the collision avoidance that is breaking for no good reason. the two times it has happened the feature was enabled

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's what I've been hoping they do some years for now... When the next generation QX60 comes up (not a refresh on the current gen, but rather a whole new gen) they improve the hybrid version.

Quite honestly, if they upgrade the electric motor and provide a larger kWh Li-Ion battery and make the a/c compressor and water pump electric instead of belt driven, they will have a KILLER hybrid in their lineup, heck it'd be killer for a vehicle this size from many manufacturers. When driven with no heat or a/c I get amazingly good mpg, on a trip down the Atlantic City the other day when the temps finally went up a little I did 30.2 mpg. Yes, mostly highway but that's still great. Around the city, again no heat or a/c, I can do 23-25 which is good for something this size/weight.

Make those changes down the road Ininiti, and this hesitation problem and mg issue people complain about in the hybrid would be solved, plus your sales would probably be bolstered once good word gets out.
hit the nail on the head. Love my Q50 hybrid, my Qx60 hybrid not so much - only if they improved the hybrid on this thing....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone experience this especially when stopped and then trying to drive through an intersection? I have it at the dealer now and they appear to have no clue.
YES!!! I read below and will try using sport mode and see if it helps but this is ridiculous for the price these cars were!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts