Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

During light acceleration or easing off the pedal, I get a high pitched whistle that comes from the engine. It's only noticeable when the road noise doesn't cover it up (35+mph) or I have the windows up.

I took the car to the dealer and after 1 1/2 weeks of being in shop, they tell me that all of their 2016 QX60s give off the same sound. They're claiming that this normal when air passes through the plastic plenum gasket. I find it hard to believe this is normal when they spent a 1 1/2 weeks trying to diagnose this with the assistance of their TECH Line infiniti engineers as well.

Anyone having this same issue? or thoughts about the whole situation.

Car is only a few months old with 5K miles on it.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Only happens between 1500-2500 RPM.

I test drove a brand new 2016 QX60 with only 20 miles on it and the sound was louder. 2015 produces no sound. I was told 2017 is quiet by a Tech at the dealership.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it possible for you to record a video or something of the sound so we have a better idea to try and figure this out ? I find it kinda weird that air is capable of passing through a plenum gasket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys,

During light acceleration or easing off the pedal, I get a high pitched whistle that comes from the engine. It's only noticeable when the road noise doesn't cover it up (35+mph) or I have the windows up.

I took the car to the dealer and after 1 1/2 weeks of being in shop, they tell me that all of their 2016 QX60s give off the same sound. They're claiming that this normal when air passes through the plastic plenum gasket. I find it hard to believe this is normal when they spent a 1 1/2 weeks trying to diagnose this with the assistance of their TECH Line infiniti engineers as well.

Thanks,

Chris
POSIBLE VACUM LEAK

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks,

Chris
Hello Chris

were you or anyone able to figure out the issue? I just bought a 2016 and I’m hearing the same whistle sound at low rpm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts