Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I recently bought an QX60 (2015,FWD) , and noticed 2 behaviors which don't make sense to me . It could be just the way CVT works , so thought would ask the people here before taking it to the Dealer.

1. The IDLE engine RPM is 750 , when the brakes are kept pressed . As soon as the brake is released the RPM goes to 1000 . In my other cars the RPM does not change substantially when the brake is released.

2. When i stop the car at a red-light, the Engine RPM revs up . I think this is normal , But as soon as i remove my feet of the break , it looks like the QX60 accelerates faster ( sometimes with a minimal jerk)as if the power from revved engine is transferred to the wheels .

I did google search on these , but didnt find any posts . Would appreciate if the QX60 enthusiasts help me with these.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Guys,

1. The IDLE engine RPM is 750 , when the brakes are kept pressed . As soon as the brake is released the RPM goes to 1000 . In my other cars the RPM does not change substantially when the brake is released.

2. When i stop the car at a red-light, the Engine RPM revs up . I think this is normal , But as soon as i remove my feet of the break , it looks like the QX60 accelerates faster ( sometimes with a minimal jerk)as if the power from revved engine is transferred to the wheels .
As odd as it sounds my 2013 AWD does the same thing. I originally worried about it (even posted the question on the JX forums), but ultimately it's still there. Nobody has any ideas.

The likely cause of #1 is due to the additional power required to operate electrical functions draws power from the battery, then alternator, then the motor. You'll see the same thing if you raise the windows if they're already up or anything else that requires a decent amount of electrical power.

#2 is different than my vehicle, may be caused by the different transmission.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts