Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 qx60 drivers side heat seat is not working. When turned on, the light comes on for a couple of seconds and then goes off. Passenger side works fine. Any ideas as to what it can be? Something I can fix myself?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same issue with my 14 QX60 I replaced the complete drivers seat as the leather bottom was torn, Infiniti dealer here wanted over 800$ for the material as it’s vented it can’t be fixed as per Fibrenew so I bought a complete seat for 250$, I kept all of the sensors and switches anything easy to come out I kept, 4 bolts 3 plugs and wrestle it out, the old seat didn’t work for the heater neither did the replacement, I will advise what it turns out which part I find broken, 1 vid I saw shows the newer units moved the heater unit at the bottom back and they get damaged by children kicking them or something sliding around on the drivers side floor and smashing them it’s called a thermal something, I’ll get more details this week when it warms up as I have no garage

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ll have the answer today why the heaters don’t work I have taken my spare seat apart and taken all of the heater assemblies out there are 2 heat modules, fan the controller and the switch here are the pics of the module I have changed the cushion heat module, this time I’ll change the assembly, it was all from the passenger seat that was working fine will advise here. Probably going to be the back module it is listed on module. Won’t allow me to post the other pic ? But I changed cushion heater after testing it and made no difference. This 1 here you can barely find as it’s hidden , I didn’t know it was there. Have to unbolt seat tip forward remove the plastic protector at bottom rear follow the duct it’s at the end. Just cut the black zip tie thread a new zip tie in unlup module and slide white zip tie down the duct switch module push back white zip tie back on tighren new black zip tie plug in and turn on switch

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes I found the problem and have repaired mine, to keep the cost down get the module and plug from the passenger seat from the wreckers as that side isn’t used much, ( carefully pull the 4 plastic covers off the tracks on the floor ) 4 - 14mm bolts hold the seat down unplug the main wires at the front of the seat let the seat tip back, the module has 3 plugs the problem plug is the larger plug, once u get it apart u will see in the main socket is melted as well as the module pin, cut the 6 wires and solder them back on, shrink wrap and it works, if I could find the part # of the plug I’d buy a new plug but haven’t found the part # yet. Keep in mind the module is different for the heated seat and the heated cooled seat are different. Infiniti wants to sell you the whole seat main main wiring harness, big money and time consuming to change it just for 1 plug and module. I have fixed about 3 seats already. On mine I tried zip ties to hold the plug in tight it works for a bit the stops again. Permanent solution change plug and module. If your passenger seat is acting up you will also need a friend with a scanner to do a zero reset if you have to do the passenger seat or you will have air bag flashing and that’s annoying. I should have taken pics, the seat module is under the seat towards the back held in place with 2 screws and 2 plastic legs you have to twist the module to get out. It’s not a tough fix I have never seen the switch go bad so don’t waste your money on that dealers don’t take them back as they a electrical components, Hope that helps or if your having issues with other parts of the seat buy a complete passenger seat from the wreckers and you will have motors, modules seat material air bags track sensors ( 2 of them on track ) only difference is the seat switches for tilt moving forward and location of airbag module, also be sure car is totally shut down or battery disconnected or you may accidentally set off the air bag, In Canada complete seats with headrest monitor are anywhere from 200-240$ in Ontario. Any other questions fire away and I’ll try to help. I’ll try to get pics once I have the ac fixed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts