Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new to the forum.

I have a 2019 QX60 that has been acting up. I've had the car for 5 months and in the last 30 days i've had an issue with the battery (at least that's what the dealer keeps telling me). it all started when I noticed my windows were operating quite slowly and it got slower over time. Also my rear window washer was not working. One day (30 days ago) the car wouldn't start. Nothing worked. I had roadside come over and they charged the battery and all was fine. The dealer simply said I must have left something on. Not the case. Today the same thing happened. I'm pretty sure it's not the battery becayuse the first time it happened it was 9 Deg. C. and batteries do not go dead at that temp. I admit it is a little colder today but still I don't think it's the battery. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Thanks.

I should also mention that I've had an EX35 and a QX50 before this and neither of them had issues.

GR

·
Registered
338 Posts
It is possible to have a draw, Do you have anything plugged into the USB port for the DC charging port? If so that may be causing The issue. Otherwise take it to the dealer and tell them to replace the battery and check for a issue with your charging System.

·
Registered
566 Posts
My battery dies every two years, something about the charging system destroys the battery. Dealership said it’s normal (which is not true). Fortunately it’s replaced under warranty each time.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you don’t have any USB accessories or 12V accessories connected which could drain the battery I wonder if the Infiniti Connect system is dialing home for system update or data transfer and not hanging up the call, do you still have the subscription? I had my Buick Enclave do this to me once.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I should of checked this forum before buying a QX60. All I see is issues, issues, then more issues. This is not worth this vehicle. I would work on replacement. Seems like dealer not taking you seriously. You literally just got it! Yeller is replacing battery every 2 years. Most people on this site just replacing things every 6 months to 2 years. Radiators, battery, transmission, all kinds of crap. I need to stop logging in to look for answers on how to get around my own vehicle issues. I am sure I will get booted from the site for being negative. I do have positives for this vehicle. It is a good drive for long distance. Thats about it

·
Registered
566 Posts
I should of checked this forum before buying a QX60. All I see is issues, issues, then more issues. This is not worth this vehicle. I would work on replacement. Seems like dealer not taking you seriously. You literally just got it! Yeller is replacing battery every 2 years. Most people on this site just replacing things every 6 months to 2 years. Radiators, battery, transmission, all kinds of crap. I need to stop logging in to look for answers on how to get around my own vehicle issues. I am sure I will get booted from the site for being negative. I do have positives for this vehicle. It is a good drive for long distance. Thats about it
You should see the Audi, BMW and Mercedes forums. You'll never buy one of those vehicles for the rest of your life.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I get it Yeller, That I agree with you... those cars are notorious of it.... but guess what people know and buy or lease anyways... why? because they drive amazing. I had a 330ci and lasted me forever no issues. It was manual so that goes a long way itself. That is the trick actually. Regardless, consumers expect a bit or ton more stability with, Infiniti etc.. regardless, Thx for reading... Ill try not to be negative. Like I said.. the drive long distance is great. Nice family wagon... but not worth the price tag and hassle that goes with it... Again its not for all.. its for the people that got issues I guess. Show the non consistency of the builds. Have a good one later...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very odd. I have a 2013 JX35 with the original factory battery installed at 111112 miles. I have some serious (-) terminal corrosion but the car still starts perfectly even on very cold days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts