Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was getting ready to pull the trigger on 2015, but read that the problems with transmissions persist, although changes made on transmission on 2015.
Appreciate any help from owners of 2015.

Thx.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It's a very small percentage of people who have had an issue. I don't know if it's more or less than other transmissions in other vehicles.

Note that I think the transmission is the same, but the programming is different. I would not expect a significant change in reliability. But I think it's very reliable and if there are issues, you have a warranty. Just be sure you buy from a dealer who seems customer oriented. In fact, if ask the sales folks and the service manager if they have ever had any issues with these transmissions. Let them know you know about them and see if they claim "none" or if they say they have seen a few and dealt with them satisfactorily.

I bought knowing of the "issues" and at 22k miles, could not be happier with my choice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response, as tomorrow is the end of sale. My dealer is great, as I've had my 2003 Q45 serviced there for years.

And, I've loved my Infiniti cars over the years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We bought a fully loaded 15 in June and it now has 8k miles on it as of today. It has already had its first oil change and rides smoothly. It is extremely quiet (which I understand is due to the CVT transmission in part) and I've had no shudders or concerns on acceleration. I am enjoying the SUV so far and it has not disappointed in terms of the Infiniti quality that I am used to ( we also have a 96 I30 that just hit 223k miles and has had no major issues other than routine maintenance and minor repairs for stuff that has worn out due to its sheer age). We bought an extended warranty (just in case and moreso for the electronic stuff). There is not another comparable vehicle on the market that I would buy other than this one. I would not hesitate to make the same choice again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for sharing your experience. Looks like my concerns on the CVT transmission can be put aside, as the changes made in 2015 indicate success.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Did you buy the car before end of month diceman? Still good deals for October. Your salesperson wasn't BS'ing you - we really didn't know if same incentives would carry into October. 2016 models won't arrive until February so inventory should still be good the next couple months.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought on Sept. 30. Since my 03 Q45 (59,000) was in for service, it made sense to trade for the 15'. Incentive, plus trade in made sense, so I pulled the trigger.
Thanks for assisting Infiniti owners, and sure it must get touchy at times.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, hated to give it up. It was more that I was in the market for a stylish SUV, and local Infiniti had what I wanted.
2 Q45's from 1991 until 2013 is proof of how great the Q45 was, in quality and style.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought on Sept. 30. Since my 03 Q45 (59,000) was in for service, it made sense to trade for the 15'. Incentive, plus trade in made sense, so I pulled the trigger.
Thanks for assisting Infiniti owners, and sure it must get touchy at times.
Congrats on your purchase, we just bought one as well at the end of last month!! I love the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congratulations, Diceman3, on your purchase. Wow....you had low mileage on your Q45. Someone is about to get a great deal and a really great car. Enjoy your new QX60. We love ours and I actually enjoy getting behind the wheel of it each and every time. Infinitis are really excellent cars!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts