Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are looking to shop for 2017 QX60, I am starting this thread for folks to share their quotes and discounts. Any body in CA bought 2017 at a discounted price yet ?

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
Where in CA are you? If Bay Area, come see me and I'll be happy to make you a great deal.

No, I will not post quotes here. But if you want to bring me the best quote you find, I'll be happy to make you a better deal. And there's no way any other salesperson around here knows the car as well, nor can they help you for years to come with any question that comes up about the car.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
I'd take Sinecure up on his offer. He and I have been moderating this and the JX site since the beginning and even though I'm not a salesperson, I can tell you that he is more versed on the entire Infiniti line than anyone I've ever come across. I have seen way too many dealerships where the sales staff turns over so frequently and the sales people never really learn their vehicles. His dealership has a great reputation and they take very good care of their customers. It would be worth traveling to the dealership he works at. Any Infiniti dealership can service your vehicle after the purchase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Subscribing. Nice thread.

I'm looking for a 2017 QX60 also. I've been waiting months but I'm willing to wait longer to get a great deal. I saw in another thread Sinecure mentioned discounts may come out later in the year after the '16s are sold and Infiniti starts putting out incentives so that's what I've been waiting for. I'm interested to hear when folks start getting deals.

Sinecure, I'm also in Cali but down south in San Diego.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So last night after I posted I requested several online quotes for the 2017 QX60 AWD. I've heard back from two and one was for $5800 off MSRP. What do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
So last night after I posted I requested several online quotes for the 2017 QX60 AWD. I've heard back from two and one was for $5800 off MSRP. What do you guys think?
Make sure the quote is for the car you want, but that's a great deal.

·
Registered
200 Posts
That looks like a great price to me. What is the MSRP of the vehicle?

The best I have gotten is $55,800 for a $60,640 MSRP.

Since 2017 went on sale this month, there may be some incentives coming in November, I saw this with the new Pathfinder, which was released a month early, there is $1250 Nissan cash back on it this month. This is pure guess, however if you are looking to get 2017 and can wait the prices can only go down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That looks like a great price to me. What is the MSRP of the vehicle?

The best I have gotten is $55,800 for a $60,640 MSRP.

Since 2017 went on sale this month, there may be some incentives coming in November, I saw this with the new Pathfinder, which was released a month early, there is $1250 Nissan cash back on it this month. This is pure guess, however if you are looking to get 2017 and can wait the prices can only go down.
The MSRP is $58,395.00. It's for AWD, Majestic White, Deluxe tech. The price is $52602 and out the door with taxes and fees $57,378.32. It's what I was looking for except I wanted it in black. The white paint is beautiful up close but loses the appeal further away for me. Apparently they don't have it in black anywhere in So Cal. They do have it in FWD but I'm planning to move to a wetter part of the country next year so I thought AWD would be better.

So a couple hang ups came into play this weekend. One, my trade is not coming up with as much as I expected so most of the price will be on me. That won't stop me though because it is what it is. The other thing is I drove the QX60 for the first time yesterday. I wasn't blown away. Maybe it's because I've been looking at this car for 2 years so the build up was too much but after last night I'm not sure anymore. And since 50k+ will be out of pocket (financed but only 5k for my trade) now my mind is open like do I want to consider a sedan (i.e. Q50) or maybe even another brand of crossover/SUV. Last night I was youtubing the J-Pace. I don't need a third row, or even a SUV/crossover really. I'm single, no kids but I do have an affinity for larger vehicles. I know I'm ready to move from my Nissan into the luxury lines but for the cost I want to love it. Decisions decisions...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Make sure the quote is for the car you want, but that's a great deal.
Thanks Sinecure. I always value your input. Like you figured turns out the quote wasn't for the one I wanted but close. Like I said in my previous post I have a lot to think about.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I totally agree with you. It is really tough decision for me as well. I finally got a chance to drive the 2017 today but I didn't notice huge difference in performance compared to 2016. I don't remember whether the vehicle was in ECO or regular drive, I was shocked and double checked the window sticker to ensure that it said 2017. The 2016 I tested few weeks ago I played with both regular and sports mode and noticed the difference. So I accept user error and say that it was probably in eco mode, because I remember the 2017 Patherfinder was definitely responsive which also got the same Direct Injected engine but rated at 284HP versus 295.

Given that and the fact that there is easily $4-5K difference between 2016 & 17 for now I will go with 2016 unless of course the preferred color choice is no longer available, there is only one available about 300 miles away, I will call in tomorrow morning to see if I can put a hold on it and start the purchase process.

The Jaguar F-Pace is awesome looking vehicle and would have been on my shopping list if I didn't need the 3rd row. With that said the reliability of Jaguars is iffy and the parts of European cars are way more expensive compared to Japanese or domestic vehicles.

If I were in your situation my preference would have been the new Q60 that is one beautifully crafted car both inside and out, plus there a choice of a 400HP engine!

Going back to the original subject, I think that is a really good price, definitely lower than what I have been getting here in the NYC area.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you get $5k off for 2017 then it's the best deal you can get.
That was so yesterday, today the best deal on 2017 with MSRP $60,490 is $6,000 off, making it nice $54,490. Unfortunately I am maxed out as is so, I am going to stick with 2016 and pocket 3K. It is kind of tough decision given that, for 3 K more it is a new model year, 30 more HP, 8" screens vs. 7" and hdmi input. It will have better residual.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anybody got quotes in Dec?

I am planning to pull the plug and get the car later this month, anybody know if they have the holiday pricing out yet?

THanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am planning to pull the plug and get the car later this month, anybody know if they have the holiday pricing out yet?

THanks
The prices have started to come down I think. I am going to pick my 2017 with Deluxe Tech on Friday. Was able to get $7450 off of MSRP. So far this is the best price I was able to get. I also got a very fair price for my trade, way better than what other Infiniti dealers were offering me.

Finally my search is over, I started my search back at the end of June, and I was swinging between XC90/QX60/Pathfinder and then of course between 2016 & 2017 QX60.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The prices have started to come down I think. I am going to pick my 2017 with Deluxe Tech on Friday. Was able to get $7450 off of MSRP. So far this is the best price I was able to get. I also got a very fair price for my trade, way better than what other Infiniti dealers were offering me.

Finally my search is over, I started my search back at the end of June, and I was swinging between XC90/QX60/Pathfinder and then of course between 2016 & 2017 QX60.
thanks for sharing the info, may I ask which dealer are you working with ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We took delivery this past weekend for the 2017 QX60 AWD with premium, premium plus, and driver assistance packages. The purchase price was $45K with the MSRP at $52,660.
@daksh11, I see that you are in Sacramento area. Check with your local dealers as the current incentive is very good. It's at the same level as it was for the 2016 model year. Give the dealers in San Jose a call if you don't mind driving down to the bay area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks everyone for sharing the information here. Its super helpful. I have also test driven both 2016 and 2017 models back to back and found that 2017 rides smoother and quieter and also the xtra hp & torque comes in handy while starting from a stop or when you need some quick acceleration. Based on my driving experience i decided i will go with 2017 even though the dealership offered 10k discount on 2016 model with deluxe tech package (jade green exterior with java interior)

I have couple of questions .Will I be able to get same or better discounts on 2017 in next May or so. Are these incentives something special for the year end? Also is it possible to swap the 20" tires in deluxe package for 18" and get some additional discount. I did some search online and most people are commenting that 20" are good only for looks and 18" offers more ride comfort and better pothole protection. I read some where that 20" offers better handling but not sure how true that statement is.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
The $10K incentive for the 2016 is pretty nice and I don't think you can do much better than that right now. My guess is when the 2018 models come out, you might see a better offer on a 2018. I traded in the 2013 JX for the 2016 QX60 knowing there might be changes in 2017. I have some mixed feelings about not having the newer engine and foot slide to open the back hatch, but overall I'm very pleased with the 2016. I'm getting a little bit better fuel economy (best has been 26 mpg on a long trip). It handles a bit better than the JX, is a bit quieter, but overall its not a disappointment whatsoever.

I have the 20" wheels. I drove a JX with the 18" wheels way back when and didn't notice much difference. My only concern is if I have to go over a pass when chain requirements are posted, putting chains on the front 20" tires is not recommended by the owner's manual. The car should handle fine in the snow, but just in case. Most people on this forum that live in areas with snow and have 20" wheels have indicated they put snow tires on 18" wheels. You'd have a bit more room for chains if needed.

Overall, I'm still very happy with the Infiniti JX and QX vehicles. I did consider the Acura, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, and Volvo. If I were to shop today to replace the QX60, I'd seriously consider the 2017 Volvo XC90. Its impressive, but like the other competitors, you are going to pay more for them. The Acura is the closest in cost.

Our other moderator, Sinecure is an Infiniti salesman from the Bay Area. He might be able to give you a better idea on your questions. I do trust his opinion since he is very dialed into the the Infiniti brand and has longevity selling the brand in one of California's top Infiniti dealerships.

Good luck on your quest and get as much car as you can afford. My wife and I will no longer purchase a new car without loading it up. There are many options you can't add once you buy a car without specific features.

·
Registered
200 Posts

thanks for sharing the info, may I ask which dealer are you working with ?

I am on the east coast, bought mine from Salerno Duane Infiniti in New Jersey.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts