Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Folks,

Any recommendation would help me in buying.

2017 QX60 Features based on the link provided below

1. 295 horsepower and 270 Torque ( compared to 265 hp and 248 lb-ft in 2016)
2. New Infotainment ( I believe the one in QX30)
3. Bigger entertainment screen
4. Newly available power lift gate (assuming 2017 Nissan Pathfinders)
5. Automatic high beams
6. Auto-dimming side view mirrors.

1 and 2 seems to be good/significant improvement.. Please let me know. Appreciate any inputs

2017 Infiniti QX60 updated with increased power direct-injection engine

Thanks

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
The new engine should make a nice difference. Especially if fuel economy stays the same as promised.

The lift gate thing is just the cool feature to allow you to wave your foot under the bumper to open it - I love that features.

The new navi / center screen system (called InTouch) will be a nice update, but to me isn't a total game changer.

The new theater system will have HDMI and higher res screens. I still think theater package is a waste of money. Buy two ipads and a mounting system for less money.

When you combine the updates from 15->16, plus the new additions, the '17 will be a major improvement over '15.

I'm not sure what inventory levels are like near you, but around here, we don't have a ton of '16's left. So don't expect huge discounts on leftover 16's since we won't have many. There are undoubtedly stupid dealers who ordered green cars with java interiors. If you're the 1% client who thinks that's the ultimate color combo, lucky you - you'll get a great deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you @Sinecure Appreciate the information. Any idea when the 2017 QX60 will be at the dealership? Infiniti website says the 2017 QX60 release is this month. Trying to test drive it. Please let me know.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Thank you @Sinecure Appreciate the information. Any idea when the 2017 QX60 will be at the dealership? Infiniti website says the 2017 QX60 release is this month. Trying to test drive it. Please let me know.
We may see a couple this month, but more likely in October. If your dealer has a large inventory of 2016's on their lot, now would be the time to take advantage of great discounts. If they're like us, we're making great deals, but we're running low on the desirable color/option configurations.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thats the hard part. The thing is that if I get 2016 without driving 2017 and it is significantly better than I will kick myself each time i drive my 2016, on the other hand if the difference is not significant then I will regret not availing the opportunity, especially if the desire config/color is gone. I am thinking about testing 2017 Pathfinder if I like it, then I know to wait for the QX.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again @Sinecure. @coop64 .. Having you mentioned about color... Heard from my friend who went to the dealership couple of weeks ago told me that Hermosa Blue is going away in 2017 QX60. @Sinecure Can you help us validate that when you get a chance? Thanks a lot.

I really like the Hermosa Blue. Lets see what Infiniti comes up for 2017 QX60 colors

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I show both Hermosa Blue and Hagane Blue as available colors for '17. Also, Majestic White, Liquid Platinum, Graphite Shadow, Obsidian Black and Jade Green. Majestic white is the only color with a price premium on it. And Java interior is only available with White, Black and Green exteriors. Wheat interior is available on everything except Silver and Gray exterior.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Coop, if you can test drive a '17 PF, the transmissions/engines should feel pretty similar. In general the Infiniti is quieter and feels nicer than the PF.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks Sinecure, I test drove 2017 PF yesterday. My personal preference would be to get the vehicle with the new engine. I am still undecided on whether to get PF or QX, but at least one thing is settled, I want the new DIG engine. I definitely liked the ride and handling of the new Pathfinder. I hope the QX would impress me even more to make the decision easier.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Sinecure, what would you consider a good price, or discount amount on 2016 model with premium plus package?
What would I consider a good price? I like $500 off MSRP. Then I'll make a nice commission.

Oh, you meant what would be a good price for you? >:D

Deals around here are running $5-7500 off MSRP for in-stock cars. Inventory is getting tight though, so move soon - it isn't going to get any better unless you happen to want a Green car with Brown interior and that's the last one on someone's lot in a month. Also, about $3000 of that discount is based on a purchase incentive from Infiniti - does not apply if you lease. No salesperson worth his salt is going to explain that nuance to you before you come in. But keep that in mind when you see those discount numbers on Truecar.

Oh, and I'd hold out for the car with Driver Assistance package if you can. The safety features are worth the extra $1800. If you're in Norcal, I have them in stock with, and without, Driver Assistance package. Email or call me to schedule a time to come in soon.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I totally agree with Sinecure on this one. I have all the packages and by far the Driver Assistance package is worth it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts