Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my car from the agency in 2015 and now they mentioned that the CVT gear Box need to replace with new one with AED 30,000 , this is very bad

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thanks $8k converted to USD. Wow... I wonder if Infiniti customer affairs will cover this as it's a known issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why is Infinity getting away with selling these cars? I just purchased a 2015, QX60 with 35,000 miles on. Transmission going out. Unbelievable. I have read so much about this CVT Transmission and how bad it is. We need to bombard the internet with this crap. Transmission is expensive. Yes, I have a warranty but you have to pay up front. Terrible. And no one wants to touch the Infinity Transmission because of the way it is situated in the car.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Why is Infinity getting away with selling these cars? I just purchased a 2015, QX60 with 35,000 miles on. Transmission going out. Unbelievable. I have read so much about this CVT Transmission and how bad it is. We need to bombard the internet with this crap. Transmission is expensive. Yes, I have a warranty but you have to pay up front. Terrible. And no one wants to touch the Infinity Transmission because of the way it is situated in the car.
New car factory warranty on the CVT is 6 years or 70,000 miles. Sounds like a CVT failure on 2015 at 35,000 miles qualifies. Is your Infiniti dealer refusing to repair it under the factory warranty?

• Basic warranty:48 months/60,000miles
  • Corrosion perforation warranty:84 months/ unlimited distance
  • Powertrain warranty:72 months/70,000miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. Just dropped it off. Unfortunately, the whole transmission has to be replaced. When I bought it, it was 35,000, 2 yrs. ago; now it's 87,000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts