Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used purchased a 2018 base model- I see conflicting information online that one would just need to get a remote start key flop to initiate the remote start feature- is this true??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got this from a Infiniti mechanic. You just need the key and the correct programming, the car already has the remote starter feature built in. The kit listed below is basically a key with the correct template installed. Notice the description that its for "w/o Factory Remote Starter" . Here is a link to the install instructions: https://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/asistgc_1/USENG/diskdocs/1/V/Z/1VZ23.PDF

View attachment 6156
I have a 2020 Infinity QX60 I bought as a "manager's special" from a dealer, so came with a few thousand miles. We do not have remote start on our key fobs. I'm interested in doing something like this, but from what I can see it isn't really possible, and the dealers have you trapped. I'm surprised this thread isn't more popular, but it sounds like most of these come with the remote start already and the dealer just decided to ding us a little on it.

According to the PDF you linked to you need a diagnostics tool (Consult III Plus) to program the key. I Googled the tool and it costs $500 or more. Am I missing something and you don't actually need this? Any other alternative solutions?

Assuming getting the key fob through the dealer is the only way, what should I expect for an all-in cost from a dealer? Also thoughts on a local mechanic being able to do this instead? I think I even saw some product reviews mentioning a local locksmith could do it? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same situation for me. Have a 2019 and didn’t realize it didn’t have remote start until I tried to start it on a chilly day. Is this upgrade available after market?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer quoted me $550 for the key fob with remote start.

In my opinion it's almost worth it to buy a key fob with remote start on eBay or somewhere else trusted, buy the Consult III Plus tool, reprogram the key fob, and then resell the Consult III Plus tool or try to return it.

My only concern is the Consult III Plus tool says it supports vehicles up to year 2018, and mine is a 2020. Any thoughts on this? Can anyone beat the $550 dealer quote?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts