Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
I just bought a new 2017 QX60 and I am enjoying it except one confusion.

I bought premium, plus, and DA packages.. I was also looking to see if I can get theater package, but dealer suggested that they can install DVDs with same functionality for $1299, just that I will not get full theater package.. they said monitors, remote, and headphones everything gonna look same, just the additional stuff like 3rd row headphone jack, electrical outlet etc.. won't come in. DVDs will be installed little later as I needed the car on the same day, I need to make an appointment for that (they went back and forth on appointments as well, and its 2 hour drive for me).

Now, when I called to find the exact configuration of the DVDs they are going to install, I was at first given some vague information, the sales person didn't know monitor size.. First he said there would be HDMI capable, but he changed his statement later.. he wasn't sure what exactly the model is going to be.. after multiple phone calls I was able to speak with the 3rd party folks who is going to install the DVDs, and learnt that they will be 7" without HDMI while factory installed have 8", HDMI, and BOSE headphones.. I could have gone with Theater package instead of this after market package for few more hundreds..

what should I do now? why are they selling the product without complete details? I now repent for not going with theater package. they said now on phone that it is going to be Advent HR7012 system.

Does anyone know what are the downsides of this system? I was told that two different movies can be played.. I have questions like can we change sources for those monitors from driver's seat? can we play songs in the front while two different sources are being played in the rear seat monitors.. If the headphones aren't working after a while, can I use my own headphones (I have BOSE bluetooth enabled)?

sales manager even said at one point whether I would want to cancel the DVDs and get $1299 refunded.. I really needed entertainment system, so I didn't like that response.

your advise is much appreciated.

I am a BMW owner before QX60, and I hope that I didn't make wrong step by switching to Infiniti.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get either the theater package or have it installed somewhere else for lower price. Shouldn't cost that much for after market. But if u really want DVD system, get the theater package. Worth the money for the integrated system.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a family with little kids and had Theater pkg on my option list but I ended up dropping it. For the few times we need to entertain kids on long trips I will mount the tablets behind the headrests. Kids seem to prefer that option over theater system, since each will have their own choice of movie playing. I recently tried to stream a movie on my iPad and paired the audio via bluetooth it worked fine, this was to avoid little one having to use the headphones. You can give this a shot with your phone or iPad/another tablet to see if that works for you prior to deciding whether you ask for your money back or go with the system they are installing. There are other solutions as well, like portable drives with built in wifi which can store all your digital media files and share them to all the tablets within the car, this will overcome storage limitation in devices. Also, there are plenty of USB ports to power the devices or use 12v DC charger.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Just buy two ipads and some clips to hang them from the seats. You'll come out ahead financially, and have a system that's more useful overall. IMO, the theater options we sell are a rip off no matter whether it is the factory installed one, or the one we could add afterwards (I thought we stopped doing that one after the '16 model).

Reactions: dgandbver

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have bought the car, and now contemplating on scheduling the 3rd part DVD installed (turns out to be HR7012 for $1300) from dealer. I can cancel this after-market package, and get my $1300 refunded..

·
Registered
663 Posts
Seems like a ton of money for an aftermarket DVD system that's not even blu-ray with sketchy details. I have the theater package and enjoy it on road trips, but financially it doesn't make sense. Just more of a convenience.

As Sinecure recommended, your best most flexible option is to get the ipads. All other aftermarket options look clunky with wires going everywhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, I just cancelled the aftermarket DVD package and going to get refunded.. It will be around 1.5 years from now before my new baby switches to front facing position. Yeah, I really have lot of time..

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions. I wish I came across this forum earlier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts